Chapter Sixty-eight

"Himiko! Wake up!" Keiko shook me awake.

"Whyyyyy." I groaned. "Its barely even light out."

"Well we need to be out the door in an hour to catch the train on time. So wake up."

"Fiiiine." I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "You said dad was gonna make french toast, right?"

"Yeah. So get outta bed so you have time to eat." He started towards the bedroom door, "You gotta be energized for your first day at U.A."

I followed them downstairs to our dining room where Shoto and Fuyumi had already started eating. "Wheres Natsu?"

"Oh," Fuyumi started, "he doesn't have any classes until ten, so he doesn't need to be up yet."

"Oh right, I forgot about that." Everyones schedules are different so it's difficult for me to keep track of who's where and when. At least for now, I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

We ate breakfast fairly quickly and then got ready to head out. My U.A. uniform fits well. It's a good thing they gave me one, otherwise I might attract attention.

By the time we were completely ready to head out, there were still ten minutes till we needed to leave.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Mom asked.

"Yep, got the folders, notebooks, pencils, and all the other things you guys got me."

"Lets see, your guitar is sitting by the door, you have your phone in case you need to call us, I saw you put your school laptop in your bag.... do you have your student id?"

I pulled a wallet out of my skirt pocket, "Right in here!"

"Well, I think that's everything!"

Shoto rushed down the stairs, "Sorry I took so long. I couldn't find my science notebook."

Keiko looked at the living room clock. "If you're ready we can head out a little early. That way we can walk a bit slower so Himiko can remember the way."

"I agree. We should do that."

Our mom and dad hugged us goodbye and saw us out the door.

It's been so long since I've been hugged by a parental figure. Now I even have parents to call my own. I still can't believe we pulled that whole thing off; capturing the LOV, Touya and I not ending up in prison, and me getting to go to U.A. It's mainly for my safety in case anyone escapes, but it's also an amazing opportunity.

"Himiko, this part of the walk is important." Keiko said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it's a shorter path if we keep going straight and then turn left in a few blocks."

"But," Shoto interjected, "We figured out that since this street is so crowded at this time of day, it's actually quicker to take the long path."

"Okay... that makes sense. But where's the long path?"

They showed me a street that leads to a grocery store, it's not open for another hour so the parking lot is empty. They then took me past a small alleyway, not a dark creepy one like in movies. A clean, open, bright one. With that it was only four block till the train station.

"It saves us nearly five minutes this way!" Keiko exclaimed.

"When did you guys have the time to figure this out?"

"We took a weekend to see if there was any better ways. Keiko and I kept getting crushed on the main street so we went at a weird time when people wouldn't really be around and compared the times to walking down the main street."

"Yeah I guess that would make sense."

"Plus it would be a horrible idea to go down a street that crowded with your new guitar."

We kept laughing and talking while we waited for our train. I get the feeling someone is watching us, but it must just be the paranoia from being an ex-villain. Besides, there are tons of people here, it's not unlikely for someone to stare for a few seconds. It only took a few minutes for Bakugou and Izuku to show up.

"Morning everyone!" Izuku smiled. His hair looks so fluffy.

"Hey Shady." Bakugou said, lightly shoving Keiko. His hair looks like you could cut your hand if you touched it.

"Good morning to you too." She responded, shoving him back.

"Morning, Toothpaste." He nodded towards Shoto.

"Good morning..." He paused, "Fire...fists?"

Bakugou laughed, "Nice try, but your nickname game needs some work." He then turned towards me. "Hmmmm... how about Edward."

"Edward?" Keiko rolled his eyes, "You're seriously giving her a nickname based of off Twilight? You are such a nerd."

I laughed, "I don't mind. Seems like he gives nicknames to all his friends. Besides, I did have a Twilight phase when I was younger."

"Oh trust me, he's a lot worse if he hates you." Izuku said.

"So Edward, what's your opinion on dogs?"

A.N. - Had to get a bit of fluff in cuz I have some kinda intense angst planned coming up within the next few chapters heeheheh.