chapter 55

i end up sleeping through lunch, and wake up on the couch a little before dinner hour, feeling oddly well rested, my back hardly sore from sleeping half-way upright.

i curl into the blanket draco's lent me, and lean my head back to see him sleeping soundly on the bed, pillow in his arms.

i smile to myself for a second before slowly stretching and getting up, going to check the time. i'm thankful to find i've gotten up early enough to go down to the dorm and freshen up before going to find every one else in the great hall.

it's just a matter of if i wake draco or not.

i feel like him waking up to me gone would be a horrible way to start this new friendship we've agreed upon, so i sit on the edge of his bed and lightly nudge his shoulder until he stirs.

he yawns loudly and turns over, bringing the pillow with him.

"y/n?" he mumbles, opening his eyes slightly to peer at me.

i smile and nod, "yeah, hey. i was going to pop downstairs to get ready for the dinner— just didn't want to leave without saying anything."

he nods slowly, yawning again and pressing his face into the mattress. "what time is it?"

"nearly 18:30," i respond, looking back at the clock.

"alright," he sighs, "one second, i'll come down with you."

as he straightens up in the bed, stretching his arms over his head, i quickly stand and pace across the room, standing with my back facing him.

"i've got clothes on y/l/n, you don't need to turn away," draco chuckles, and i hear his feet hit the floor as he gets out of bed.

i turn to find that he is, indeed, wearing his clothes from earlier today— rebuttoning the top of his shirt when i look at him.

"ready to go then?" he raises his brow as he slips his shoes on, walking towards the door.

i give him a small nod as he opens us up to the hall, holding the door open for me to exit first and then following behind me.

i turn the corner out of the doorway, to find theo and blaise slumped against the wall, heads over top of one another's and legs tangled in front of them as they snore softly.

"oh my god," i laugh, looking down at them with a smile on my face.

"what—?" draco starts as he turns and steps behind me, but soon dissolves into his own soft fit of laughter. "oh— i'm never letting them live this down."

he laughs for a few more second before stepping past me and nudging theo's leg with his shoe. "boys, as cozy as you two seem— i haven't eaten all day. you can cuddle later."

theo stirs slowly— before he notices the position he's in with blaise and promptly jumps away from him.

blaise groans as he wakes up, lifting his head and looking over at theo before the realization dawns on his face.

"ugh— fuck me," he mumbles, running his hand down his face and then resting his head in the palm of his hand.

"don't sound too disappointed, mate," theo rolls his eyes, standing up and smoothing down his uniform. "we would've come inside but—"

"we thought you'd two be shagging so—"

"blaise, did you really have to say it like that?" theo glares down at him, earning a smirk from blaise as he slowly stands up.

draco chuckles and shakes his head, offering his hand to blaise to help pull him up.

"y/n and i have actually decided to try being friends for the time being. so despite your hopes and dreams, zabini, no shagging occurred."