chapter 10

draco's pov

in a second i'm out of the alley, turning down the street and fixing my tie. god how could i be so fucking stupid? lost track of time, and now my mother's going to ask questions. they're all going to ask questions. i flatten down my suit and turn some corners, until i see my mother waiting in front of an alleyway, tapping her feet on the stones.

she's pissed. i can tell from a mile away.

"draco, where have you been?" she says, just as i approach

"sorry, sorry" i mutter

"no matter, come along" she sighs a little, reaching out her hand. i don't take it, just check back and forth that no one's watching and then walk down knockturn alley.

borgin and burkes. i hate this fucking place.

i hate the way it smells, i hate the way it looks, i hate the way it makes me feel, the memories it brings back up. i hate it all.

i hate it even more when the meetings are at my house though, so i guess i can deal.

mum and i go upstairs, waving as a formality to the shop owner.

everyone's already there, gathered around and whispering. they're standing by a tall, ominous looking black cabinet. i'm quickly reprimanded for being late, scolded for not being punctual. apparently it's a big deal, seeing as somehow me, a barely 17 year old boy, has become such an integral part of their operation. after all the yelling is done, they start explaining what the cabinet is. a vanishing cabinet. i recognize it now. there's one in the room of requirement at hogwarts-

and then it dawns on me. they don't have to explain the rest before i understand what i'm meant to do.

so now not only do i have to kill my headmaster, i also have to let all the death eaters into my school. just. fucking. brilliant.

and i just kissed my girlfriend- my ex girlfriend- my- god i don't even know what she is anymore. but i was trying to get her to hate me. i was trying to not get her caught up in all of this.

i'm doing a horrible job so far.

__________________________

your pov

school year's starting. yay.

my goodbye to my mum is short and sweet this year. i think she's trying to avoid a tearful goodbye. she's been really out of it lately, from reading the news.

draco doesn't write me all of august. but i don't write him either.

i keep going to, but i can't find the words.

i don't think i'm even mad anymore. i'm just lost. i don't know what to feel.

guess i'll have to figure it out soon, seeing as i'm stepping onto the train and walking towards the prefects cabin, where i know he's going to be. i finally gather up the courage approach the door and-

he's in that fucking suit.

he's sitting silently in a booth in the back of the cabin, and he's in the suit.

of course he had to wear the suit.

i take a deep breath, pushing open the door and walking in. i've never been more thankful that i made friends in other houses, because i quickly take a seat next to hermione and ron, avoiding eye contact with draco at all costs.

"hey, y/n, aren't you going to sit with-?"

"no" i cut off ron. he looks at hermione, and she shrugs a little.