campus crush | diggy simmons.

Cast
DIGGY — as A'KEEM.
SZA — as JAZZY.
NORMANI — as DOMINIQUE.

"THERE HE GO JAZZ!" Dominique teased her bestfriend, Jazzy, as she saw her crush walk into the library. Which was coincidentally also, one of Domo's friends.
Jazz looked up from the book she was reviewing to see what Domo was talking about. When she saw her crush, Jazz immediately put her head back down, trying not to be noticed for staring. Jazzy's crush had been A'Keem since she first started college. It started when he helped her picked up some books & after that was history.
"Domo shut up! What if he heard you?" She whispered to her, panicking.
"He's my friend anyway! That can be yo boyfriend if you stopped being so shy!" She whispered back.
"He wouldn't even have any interest in me. I'm sure all those girls that are all over him are way prettier.." She shook her head.
P.S. — More popularity comes when you play on the basketball team & run track.

Dominique sighed, "But nun' of them don't deserve a ring on their finger. And you look way better than most of th-"
Her speech was interrupted by a familiar voice.
"Well, well if it ain't Domo.." A'Keem said smiling.
He had a ball on the inside of his arm with his dark-blue bookbag hanging on by one strap.
"Hey Jazz.." 'Keem looked over at her, giving a shy wave.
The fact is— A'Keem was crushing too. They just didn't know they were crushing on each other. Dominique obviously knew and it only took a matter of time before they knew.

Jazzy's heart rate fastened, hearing how smoothly her name slid off his tongue.
She waved back, "H-Hi A'Keem." There was a few second silence before Keem opened his mouth again.
"What y'all two doing in the library? We just finished this semester exams!"
Domo huffed, "Jazzy decided to do some review and asked me to come with her."
"You must be smart huh Jazz?" A'Keem joked.
Jazz was too busy caught in her fantasies of A'Keem & herself to hear what he questioned. After admiring his body structure, perfect face, and dreamy voice while he was talking, she went into a daydream.
"Jazz?" He asked again.
"Jaaazzy.." Dominique snapped her fingers in her face, making her come back to reality.
"Huh? Were you guys talking to me?"
"We was trying! You looked like you went into space while Keem was calling your name."
She started to heat up from embarrassment. "S-Sorry what were you saying?"
A'Keem awkwardly chuckles, "It wasn't that important. I gotta get to track practice anyway, see you two later." He waves off before walking.

Damn he has a nice ass. Jazz thought to herself, biting her lip.
Domo hit her arm, "You nasty! Stop thinking about his ass."
She gasped, "I was not."
"Jazzy, stop lying."
"..Ok fine I was."
"I know. Now let's go shopping, I need some new pants."

In the morning—7:00 AM.
Jazzy shut off her alarm, rubbing her eyes. She went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth & took a quick shower.
After her routine, she checked her clock, noticing she had enough time to go out and get breakfast before classes.
Jaz happily headed out her dorm room quietly, not trying to make too much noise it being so early.
While walking, she started to scroll on her phone. Becoming more distracted, she didn't realize someone was in front of her.
Bump!

The person dropped some of their books.
"I-I'm really sorry, are you oka- A'Keem?"
"Oh Hey Jazz! It's alright, these books aren't even for me anyway." He shrugged.
"Ah! .. Why are you up so early?"
"I woke up naturally. I was planning to get some breakfast after I take these books back. W-Wanna join me?" A'Keem asked shyly.
"Yes!" Jazz said a little too quickly. She cleared her throat, "I-I mean um— Sure. I was heading to go anyway.."
"Oh that's cool, that's cool.." A'Keem repiled coolly like he wasn't doing cartwheels in his head.
There was a awkward tension—
"How 'bout you come & follow me? And then we can talk.. more."
Jazzy smiled before nodding, ready for him to lead the way.

At breakfast—7:45 AM.
Jazz and A'Keem walked inside the diner, admiring the red checkered walls & flooring that gave off a 70s vibe.
"Wow this is—really nice A'Keem." She complimented.
"Right?! This my favorite spot to come to."

A'Keem slid out Jazz's chair for her to sit in.
"Why thank you." She blushed at his gentleman deeds.
"You're welcome, beautiful." Once she sat down, he slid her chair back in.
Jazzy caught a case of butterflies in her stomach when he called her beautiful.

They carried on to talk for about 10 minutes about anything, enjoying the moment with each other.
Their deep conversation was only interrupted by their waiter.
"Hi I'm Casey, are you ready to take your order?"