something different | khalil kain [2].

"TALKING 'BOUT HOW SHE JUST DO your sister hair but look at you now! Going on a movie date with her in a hour." Michael teased on the phone.
"It ain't even like that Mike. I never said she isn't beautiful." He pointed out as he looked through his closet.
"You did say she ain't your type thou-"
"Just be quiet nigga. She don't gotta be my type."
"Mhm. I just hope you not plannin' on getting in Carmen's underwear and leavin'."
Derrion jerked back his neck at the false prediction. "I've never done any girl like that. Seriously—be forreal."

CARMEN

"I'm so excited!" Carmen geeked on the phone of her friend. "Should I wear purple or pink?"
"Carmen! Calm down." Her friend snapped her back.
"I-I'm sorry," She nervously laughed. "I just didn't expect him to say yes. It's like a dream! He's so fine and-"
"And this is Derrion you're talking about?" Her friend exaggerated.
Carmen raised her 'brow, "Why are you saying his name like that?"
"Girl, Do you know how white-girl crazy he is?"
"..I've seen him date a few but I don't think all of them were white Gigi—" She tried to convinced.
"He's had like 5 girlfriends. Are you sure?" The girl doubted.

Carmen dropped her outfit on her bed as she thought about what her friend said.
"Oh.." She mumbled.
"Uh huh." Gigi hummed, thinking her homegirl had the same thought as her right now.
"..Then I'm breaking his cycle. Talk to you later Gigi." She hung up.

Carmen bit her lip, she looked at herself in the mirror as she brushed her hair. I hope this goes well..

DERRION/AT THE MOVIE THEATER.

"You look beautiful tonight." He complimented as he parked the car.
Carmen blushed, "T-Thank you. You look great tonight too."
He got out the car to open the door for her.
"Gentleman too huh?" She joked.
Derrion smiled at her as his eyes trailed her body get out of the Honda Accord.
He bit his lip as sexual thoughts filled his mind. He shook his head of them, She's close to the family.

Derrion and Carmen fed their selves into the movie as they shared the popcorn.
The scene where Darius spoke out his' poem about Nina made Carmen sweat from her imagination running wild—with Derrion included in it.
She glanced over at him and saw how into the scene he was to notice her beside him.
You're a virgin Carmen! Stop thinking like this..
The sex scene was awkward with their repeated adjustments in the seats and throat clearing.

After the movie was finished, them and the crowd headed out the theater—talking about the movie scenes.
"I'm glad Darius and Nina ended up together in the end. I was scared she was gonna take back her ex." Carmen confessed.
"I agree." Derrion nodded. "That was a bomb ass movie."
"I know right?" She laughed. They both smiled at each other and talked more.
Derrion accidentally bumped into someone because his eyes were on Carmen.
"My ba- Vicky?" He said in realization of who he bumped into.

She looked at him and twirled her hair, "Oh, hey Derrion."
"How you uh.. been?" He awkwardly asked.
Carmen looked at the girl up and down, her jealousy growing by the second. "Hi, I'm Carmen. His date." She introduced.
Vicky fakely smiled at her, "I'm Vicky—his ex. What movie were y'all two seeing?"
"Love Jones. What about you?" Carmen replied before Derrion could open his mouth again.
"Oh, hm. Me too. It was alright." She shrugged
"You wonder why." Carmen shaded.
"Uh—excuse me?" She scoffed.
"You heard me, white girl." Carmen said a little louder.

Derrion nervously laughed, gently holding her back, "Come on Carmen let's go—I gotta get you home by 11 right?" He reminded.
She calmed down a bit, "You're right. Let's go.."
Vicky rolled her eyes as she continued to walk to the bathroom.
"How could you date some..body like that?" Carmen asked in disgust.
He honestly couldn't answer the question himself. "I.. couldn't tell you myself."
//
10:55 PM.
"I had a really good time Derrion. Not including—you know." She chuckled, looking down.
He rubbed the back of his neck, doing the same. "Do you think we could do this again?"
"Yeah—I wouldn't mind." She smiled. "Goodnight Derrion."
"Goodnight Carmen."
The both of them stared at each other before leaning in for a kiss.
This kiss—felt different. For both of them.
Something new and different.