imagine that | lance gross.

Cast
LANCE GROSS — as CAMERON.
JANELLE MONAÉ — as HERSELF.

9:00 PM.
JANELLE WAS COOKING IN HER KITCHEN, before being interrupted by a knock on her black door.
She lowered the degrees on her food and adjusted her shorts.
Janelle fluffed up her messy bun, unlocking the doorknob.
When she opened the door, she saw her bestfriend, Cameron.
He entered himself into her house, since he normally does come over. To either hang or complain about his unloyal girlfriend.
"Take a nap on the couch won't you?" She asked sarcastically.
"I broke up with her today." Cameron sighed, sitting on the velvet couch.

Hallelujah! God is good. She said happily in her head. But of course, whom didn't show that major enthusiasm outside of her brain.
"What did she do that pulled the straw?" Janelle sat next to him, comforting.
I was hoping the first 2x she cheated pulled the string but hey. Love is golden.

"She put her hands on me." Janelle looked at him in disbelief.
"Wha- I need you to repeat that behind me again."
"She did it about a week ago. I had a busted lip but as you see," Cameron waved his hand around his now, smooth moisturized lips. "—they are now just fine."
"I never understood why you dealt with her Cameron." Janelle shook her head at the thought. "Why would she even do such a thing?"
"Being questioned about her coming home at 2 AM."
Janelle's eyes widened, "Jesus."
"I-I don't even know why I was so gullible to her. She'd lie straight to my face and I would believe her.." Cameron ran his hand across his face.
I wonder the same thang.

"Well you don't have to worry about her anymore. You deserve better anyways.. way better." Janelle said as she ran her finger across his muscular arm.
Cameron smiled a little bit. "You're right—I do."
Janelle smiled back, "Now, I'm cookin' some soul food. Do you want some to help with your depression?" She joked.
"You know it!" He laughed.
//
"Slow down won't you? The food isn't gonna go anywhere!" Janelle chuckled, watching the sight of Cameron eat like a dog.
"I didn't even know you could throw down like this bestie! How are you still single!?"
Janelle shrugged, "The man I want hasn't exactly.. noticed me yet."
"Well, he's dumb."
Yes, you are.

Cameron put down his fork. "Janelle.. Do you mind if I stay here for a few weeks?"
"Of course I don't. Where's your bags?"
"In the car but.. some of them are—still at the house." He rubbed the back of his neck.
"We'll just go shoppin'. Go get your bags out the car loser."

a week later—7:23 PM.
Janelle's music blasted 'Bag Lady' By Erykah Badu. "So pack lightt.." She sung along. Due to not hearing Cameron coming up behind her, she jumped when he tapped her shoulder. "Jesus! Don't scare me like th.." She stopped in the middle of her word when she saw his appearance.
The only thing covering his dripping body was his towel.
Janelle looked over his soild six pack paired with his dark chocolate skin.
How could somebody cheat on a man this fine..

"W—Where are your clothes?"
Cameron went to the front of the couch,
"Not.. anywhere they need to be." He smirked.
Janelle looked at him strangely. "What do you mean?"

He walked closer to her, "I know you want me, Janelle. There's no need to.. deny it. And I've—always wanted you but everytime I've dropped a hint, you've never caught on. Ciaira was just someone I foolishly fell in love with during the way," Cameron bent down to her level, his hand laying on the cushions of the couch.
"—But I just can't deal with it anymore.. these whole week I've been thinking about how in love with my bestfriend I am and how beautiful she is.."
He looked into her brown eyes before starting to kiss on her neck, sliding off the strap of her beige tank top.
Janelle lightly moaned, trying to push him off but—she couldn't.
"C-Cameron are you sure about t—this? I-I know still gettin' over Ciaira-"
He put his finger over her lip, "I know exactly what I'm doing."

Cameron traveled down to her shorts, pulling them off, revealing her purple  lace underwear. He slid those off with his teeth. "She's gorgeous."
Janelle blushed but her emotion changed when she felt Cameron's tongue go across her clit.
She gasped as he sucked on it and slid two fingers inside her soaking vagina.
"F-Fuck Cameron."
"I love you Janelle.. I love you." He mumbled, still occupied with her flower.
"I love you too Cameron." She softly replied.
"Janelle.. Janelle.. Janelle.. Janelle!"

Janelle opened her eyes at the voice of her  bestfriend.
A dream.
"Hm?" She mumbled delusionally.
"You were talking in your sleep, I didn't know if you were ok.."

"Yeah I'm fine.. just was in a really.. really good dream."