don't give up | caleb mclaughlin.

Cast
CALEB MCLAUGHLIN — as HIMSELF.
RYAN DESTINY — as SAPPHIRE.
YOUR CHOICE — as JADE.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT to do. Am I a bad girlfriend?" Sapphire hopelessly asked.
"No. You're a great girlfriend and it's not your fault. You know how he has trust issues and about what happened with his last girlfriend." Her bestfriend tried to reason with her.

Sapphire bit her lip, "You're right, she did put him through a lot.. I just wish he would open up to me more. I feel like he's pushing me away then letting me in. I mean—we're in a relationship! Committing together is important!" She rambled.
"Have you tried talking to him about this?"
"..No" She said a little lower. "But I shouldn't have to."
"You know he was messed up when you got him. You gotta work with him Sapphire."
She sighed, "I'm trying. I really am.."

"Caleb." Sapphire started off as she stood in front of him.
He looked up from his phone to look at her. Gorgeous. He thought in his head before saying, "Something wrong?"
Instead of answering his question she answered with the point of their conversation, "When are you gonna say you love me back?"
Not this again. "Didn't we already talk about this Sapphire?"

"..Yeah but that was three months ago. We just had our year anniversary a week ago." She crossed her arms. "I've been patient about it but—you're hurting me."
Caleb's heart broke at the words. He stood up with her, "I don't want to tell you and not mean it. I understand how you feel but I'm just not ready.." He said, unable to tell it any other way.

Sapphire looked down with her bottom lip underneath her teeth to keep from shedding a tear. She quickly looked back up—"Do I remind you of her Caleb?"
"..Of who?"
"Yari."
His throat went dry from the sound of her name. "No. You don't."
"Then why aren't you ready?" She asked, becoming more angry.
"I'm not having this conversation again." He dismissed, walking away from her.
"Caleb." She called. "Babe!" She shouted but was only replied by the sound of the front door shutting.
Her eyes filled with tears as she stormed to the bedroom—looking for the nearest suitcase.

"Why didn't you come to my house?" Jade asked, feeling kind of offended.
"Because he would expect me to go there. I want him to realize what it's like without if he doesn't value what's in his face.. I'm not gonna be gone for too long."

CALEB

"I really overreacted." Caleb thought to himself as he drove back home, thinking Sapphire would still be there.
"Why do you always do this?!" He facepalmed.
"I don't know how's Sapphire dealt with me this long.."
Even if someone else is helping..

FLASHBACK

"That isn't a excuse Yari!" Caleb argued.
"Well it's the truth! I wouldn't have been hooking up with him if you weren't gone all the time!" She tried to reason—it still didn't make sense.
"I'm honestly not surprised at what you're saying. I knew when you weren't answering any of my calls, you were doing it again."

Yari's jaw clenched in irritation, he was right. What would she do now? What she always does . .
"You're acting like you're sooo perfect. Remember when we were in highschool and no one wanted to talk to you but me? Huh? And how I had to stick up for you because you couldn't do it yourself? You should be grateful that I'm your girlfriend now and you're not lonely!"

She's done this everytime she's caught up.

PRESENT

Caleb parked his car and practically ran to the door. He felt completely guilty and needed to apologize. His mind was ready for any complaining she was gonna do.
Caleb entered the house—the first sign was not seeing her on the couch, upset.
"Sapphire?" He shouted. Oh no..
He frantically searched through the rooms of the house, nothing. "Sapphire.."

3 days later4 PM.

"Sap he's literally came over here twice." Jade complained.
"Good." She blandly answered.
"Good?! You're acting like you guys broke up or something! How many times has he called you?"
"..Like today or—"
"How many times has he called you Sapphire?"
".. Like um, 20 times." She mumbled.

"WHAT?" Jade exclaimed. "You know what. I'm gonna hang up on you right now. You're gonna go back to your house, talk it out with your man, and we're gonna all be happy. Okay? Okay." She then actually, hung up.
Sapphire sighed, her friend was right. She didn't like seeing her baby like this anyway.

When she arrived she took a breath before unlocking the door with her key. "Caleb?"
She hesitantly shouted.
Then, he came out. Instead of Caleb asking questions, he hugged her tightly instead.
"I'm sorry." He said over her hoodie.
"It's ok.. I shouldn't have left like that."
"I.. l-love you Sapphire." He confessed, finally.
Her eyes widened as she dropped her bags. She looked at him, stunned. "Wait s-say that again?"
Caleb grinned, "I love you baby. I always have."
Sapphire squealed before almost jumping on him. "I love you too! So much!"
He laughed and filled her lips with kisses. "Please don't leave me like that again."
"I won't baby, I promise. It was stupid anyway!" She agreed.
"Haha—I'm glad you didn't give up on me Sapphire.."

THANK YOU FOR 10K READS!!