FTT | cinderella | rome flynn [2].

—ROBIN PACED AROUND THE kitchen, thinking about her (in her mind) stupid decision

ROBIN PACED AROUND THE kitchen, thinking about her (in her mind) stupid decision.
I'm gonna freeze up by the time I see him.. She doubted herself.
You're so stupid! Why would I just agree?! She bit her nails as her mind flooded with thoughts.

"Nervous?" Robin turned to see Gina. One of her co-workers she chatted with sometimes.
"Obvious huh?" She awkwardly chuckled.
"I don't blame you Robin. I would be too!" She comforted her. "Especially when he looks so good, I heard he's around your age tooo.." Gina hinted.
Robin's eyes widened, "Gina you're crazy! Why would a prince look my way?"
"You're beautiful Robin. Any man would look your way."
"That's not what my stepmother thinks.." She mumbled.
"What'd you say?"
"Oh, nothing."

As they talked more, Jamie practically ran into the room to tell her, he was walking in.
Robin straightened out her apron and tried to fluff up her hair a bit before having to walk out.
As she took the steps her heartbeat was going faster by the minute and her mind was racing.
Okay, okay, you can do this Robin. All you have to do is get his order and serve it.
Her eyes looked around the diner until she finally saw his face.
Employees looked at her then back at him.
They looked at her like she couldn't do it.
Robin cleared her throat before dragging her legs towards the table he was patiently waiting for service to.

"H-Hi I'm Robin, would you like to start with a um, drink?" She asked, looking down at her notepad.
"Yes I would. Do you have iced tea?" His voice was gentle and lifting to the ears.
A fluttery feeling erupted in her stomach.
"Yes we do, would you like me to come back.." Robin's words disappeared once she looked up.
Their eyes connected and it seemed they were the only ones in the diner.
Her lips curved into a smile as his did.
"Would you like me to come back later?"
"No actually, can I get the pancakes, eggs, and bacon?"
"Yes sir, It'll be done in 15." She nodded writing his order.
Robin began to walk back to the counter but the prince had more to say.
"Before you go, Robin, will you be attending the royal ball this Thursday?" He asked hopefully.
"I.. don't think I've gotten a invitation."
"Everyone is welcome, you and your sisters can make a appearance. It is hosted at 8 PM. I am.. finding a wife."

"O-Oh. I will be sure to tell my family, Mr. Highland."
"You can call me—Roman."

ROMAN
"Welcome home Mr. Highland." The castle's guard greeted him.
"Thank you Daniel! Do you have a idea of where my dad is?"
"I'm not sure, but I think he's in the courtyard or leaving it."
"Thank you," Roman headed to the location.
And indeed, his father was there.
"Dad! I think I've seen the most beautiful girl my eyes have witnessed today."
"Does she seem fit for a wife son?" His dad asked, still looking ahead of him.
"I'd hope she is.."
"Then let's hope she appears to the ball, hm?" Julius smirked, popping one eye to his son.
Roman nodded, his smile shining.

7:00 PM.
Robin's eyes glistened at the thought of finally having a chance to go to a place out of her job and home.
"Mother? Are you here?" Her voice echoed in the house. "She's probably in the living room.." She mumbled.
Robin stepped to the living room to see her watching TV.
"Mother?"
The lady looked at the girl in irritation. "What is it? Aren't you supposed to be doing chores right now?"
Robin played with her fingers in nervousness. "Yes but I was wondering if um.. well.."

"You were wondering what? Spit it out."
"If I finished all my chores I could.. g-go to the royal ball on Thursday."
Celia (the name of the step-mom) sat up in the couch. "There's a ball? What time? For what?"
Robin nodded. "Yes.. it's for the prince to find a wife. It's at 8:00 PM-"
Before Robin could finish, Celia busted into laughing. "You and the prince? Married? Why would he pay attention to you! Tessa has a way better chance then you do!" The cruel woman picked. "Matter fact, we're going to that ball."
Robin sighed, fighting herself from releasing tears. "Okay.. you're right anyway. I'll get back to my chores."

THURSDAY—7:00 PM.
"Robin! Help me with my seam!" Tessa shouted from her large bedroom.
"Coming!" Robin replied, running back to the room.
She had been back & forth helping Celia and Tessa with their dresses for the big event.
"Ow that's too tight!" She yelped.
"S-Sorry."
"Just nevermind I'll do it myself." Tessa scoffed.
Robin nodded before going back to Celia.
"Purple or orange?" She asked staring at the two dresses.
"Well I think purple would look—"
"Orange it is. Call the office to make sure our carriage is still coming in."

"Alright we're heading out, I want this house sparkling almost when we come back!" Their flowy dresses was the last thing Robin saw before the door was slammed.
Robin plopped on the couch in exhaustion. It was a few silent moments before tears started pouring down her face.
"Why can't I ever find my true love? I might as well face the fact this is my life!" Her hands covered her soft face. She was so hurt, angry, and confused.
"Now why are you crying child?" A sweet voice asked above her.
Robin looked up to see a slender woman with a—wand in her hand?

"Who—Who are you?!" Robin asked in terror, quickly standing up away from the lady

"Why, I am your fairy godmother Robin. Isn't the ball tonight? Why aren't you dressed?"
"Look I don't know how you got in here but you need to get out. And I don't have any godmothers—"
"You're so beautiful, I wonder what your mom would say if she say you now." The godmother shook her head in awe.
"—You knew my mother?"
"Of course I did! So sad she passed away.."
"..And how do you know about the ball tonight?"
"Because it is your destiny! And I am here to help you to get to your destiny."
"My destiny? Wha—"

"First of all, do you have a favorite color?"

TO BE CONTINUED.