good boy | algee smith.

Cast
ALGEE SMITH — as KASIRE (ka-sigh-er)
ALICIA KEYS (early 2000s) — as ESSENCE.
NIA LONG — as HERSELF.

"I'M STARTING TO THINK I'm the problem." Essence said with her arms crossed, spinning around in her chair.
"Jamal's just dumb Essy. Maybe you just need to try a new type of guys." Her bestfriend, Nia, suggested.
"What you mean? There's nothing wrong with the men I choose." She raised her eyebrow.

Nia gave her a 'Really?' look. "Essence all the men you choose are either drug dealers, gangbangers, or just toxic men. You don't see nothing wrong with that?"
"..Not really.. Ok maybe." She put her lip to the side.
Nia laughed, shaking her head. "Ok look, I'm going on a date with this dude tonight. We could double date and let me hook you up with his friend."
Essence shrugged, "Describe me this 'friend'."

"Wellll, you could say he's more of a good bo-"
"No. Uh un. I'm not dealing with one of them again."
"You didn't even let me finish!" Nia exclaimed.
"Good boy is all I need to know. Good boys are boring and are nothing exciting for my life." Essence sighed.
"Hear me out atleast, damn. Look he's really nice and polite. He's in college right now for business and soon psychology. And he's only 23 at that."

Essence became surprised. "Really?"
"Really."
"Wow. Sounds like he's on the way to success. What's his name?"
"Kasireee.." Nia grinned slowly.
".. Do you actually like this guy of yours Nia?"
"Yes! A lot!"
"..Ok well—I'll try out this 'Kasire'." She mumbled.
Nia clapped her hands in excitement. "Be ready by 8!"

8:00 PM.
Essence stepped out her house wearing a black satin dress with black heels, a pair of small sliver hoop earrings. Using her lipgloss with liner and mascara to top it off.
This better be worth it. She thought to herself, getting in the Uber with Nia.

//
KASIRE.
"Are you sure about this?" Kasire asked, fixing his tie, overthinking.
"Yes Kash! Nia's friend gon' like you. We going out to dinner than dancing. That's plenty of time for you two to get to know each other."
"But you know what happened the last time you hooked me up. She just ditched me all of a sudden while you and your date were havin' you a great time."
"Man that girl had a attitude problem anyway. Just trust me you gon' try with this one K. I really like Nia." Corey pleaded.
"..Ok, fine."
//
ESSENCE.
They arrived at the dinner place in 15 mins. "Wow this is pretty nice Nia. He rich or somethin'?"
Nia laughed but she wasn't joking.
"Hi, are you the 2 of reservations for 8:30?" The waiter asked politely.
They nodded and the waiter leaded them to their table.

"Where are they at?" Nia questioned checking her clock. "We look too bomb to be stood up."
"I know that's right." Essence agreed.
Just as they said that, their dates walked into the joint.
"Essence here they come!" Nia warned because she was too busy on Twitter.
Essence fixed her dress, anxious to see what her date looked like.

"Hey Nia.. this must be your friend Essence right?" Corey asked hoping he didn't say the wrong name.
Nia nodded, "Yes it is. And this must beee.. Kasire?"
"You are correct, Kasire meet Essence, Essence meet Kasire." He introduced.
She got up to shake his hand. "Hi Kasire, nice to meet you."
Wow, she is gorgeous. Kasire thought to himself as he shook her hand.
Hm, not bad. Outfit not wasted. Essence thought to herself too, looking him up and down.
//
"Now that wasn't so bad was it?" Nia whispered, being her & Essence were sitting in the backseat and the guys were sitting in the front.
"I guess not. He's really cute." She admitted, shrugging.
"Well you'll get to dance with this really cute boy and fall in love like Cinderellaaa.." Nia nudged her arm.

"I don't think I'm living in poverty and house slavery."
They both giggled at the joke.
"What you two laughing about back there?" Corey playfully asked, looking in the rear view mirror.
"Just keep driving Corey!"

//
"Wow.. it's like a ballroom in here!" Essence admired.
"Wanted to take the beautiful Nia to the best." Corey said smiling at her and she blushing.
"Are you the reservations for tonight?" A professionally dressed elder white man asked us.
"Sure is."
"Then follow me to dance the night away."

TIME SKIP TO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DANCING—SLOW SONG.

"You know, you're a pretty good dancer." Essence complimented, her chin over his shoulder.
Kasire blushed from the heat of how close his body was to hers. "T-Thank you. You're great too."
"..You know.. I've never felt like this before."
"Like what?"
"Like.. I belong in somebody's arms. I don't know if I like it." She confessed, biting her lip in nervousness.
"Well.. I like the feeling." He shyly supported. "I like it a lot."

// I know the date part went kinda fast.. I became lazy sorry😩.