something different | khalil kain.

// This is gonna be in the 90's.
Cast
KHALIL KAIN — as DERION.
BEYONCE (young bey) — as CARMEN.
TUPAC — as MICHAEL.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK YOU VICKY! Don't call my phone no more." Derion angrily stated as he flipped off his flip phone.
"Damn what she do this time?" His friend, Michael, asked—laughing.
"We haven't talked in weeks and the first thing this girl calls for is sex. Not a explanation, but sex!" He threw his arms up.
"See that's why I told you stop fuckin' with them white girls! All they want is then mixed kids!" Michael shook his head.
"I can't help what I'm attracted to Mike." Derion shrugged.
"Shiiit. Try something new! Like a strong black woman." Michael suggested.

Derion rolled his eyes, "I can barely deal with my sisters."
"Maybe because you grew up with them playa."
"..Man I don't wanna talk about this right now, lets go to Roscoe's. I'm hungry."
Michael shrugged, "Ight man, whatever you say."

They pulled up to the spot and walked in, thankful there wasn't a long line like always.
"Man my stomach is crying!" Michael exaggerated as two people were in front of them.
"Nah nigga, you just a fat ass." Derion laughed.
He looked over at him, smacking his lips.
After waiting a few minutes, they got up to the register.
The cashier speaked into her head piece for a few seconds to take another order before placing her attention on them.
"Hey Derion, what can I get you?" Carmen smiled.
"Sup Carmen, the usual." He said nonchalantly.

"Alright," She said typing into the register. "—And you sir?"
"A 6 piece meal and a chocolate chip cookie."
"Okaay.. your total is 11.67 and your order will be done in about 5 minutes."
Derion handed her the money and sat down by a window.
"Hey Derion, what can I get you?" Michael mocked in a high voice.
"Damnnn, she totally not a cashier for the place we sitting in!" He said sarcastically.
"Maan stop playin' and spill. You smash that or sumthin'?" Michael muttered.
Derion scrunched up his nose, "No dawg! She do my sister's hair sometimes and her and my parents friends."
"Pfftt, the way she was lookin' at you I thought y'all was friends with benefits." He teased.
Derion waved him off. "Carmen isn't even-"
"Carmen? That's her name? Bet it taste like caramel down in that pus-"
"Back to what I was sayin' Michael. She ain't even my type.." Derion trailed off, placing his attention on a brunette that walked past their table.

Michael realized what he was looking at and picked up the pepper bottle and tossed a sprinkle of it on his face.
He quickly tried to get it off his face, spitting tiny bits. "What the hell Mike!"
He shook the pepper container, "This is what you need to focus on foo'!"
"I wouldn't be able to if it got in my eye!" Derion retorted.
While they were arguing, they didn't realize Carmen was coming with their food.

"Here is your um—food." She said, trying to get their attention.
They quieted down, looking up at her with the order
Derion smiled, taking his order out one of her soft, manicured hands. "T-Thanks."
Michael did the same, "Yeah thanks. Carmen." He looked her up and down.
She nodded before walking back to where she came from.
Michael checked her out as she walked. "Goddamn, that ass is off the chain!"

Derion rolled his eyes, "You such a hoe man."
"Yeah yeah and you a snow roach lova'. You needa ask that Carmen girl onna date, asap."
He sat in thought as he started to eat his food.

"But momma I don't feel like goin," Derion whined.
"Boy if you don't go to this damn woman house and get the clothes!" His mom sternly warned.
He slowly got up and took his car keys off the dresser. "Ok fine I'll be back in like 30 minutes."
"That's what I thought boy."
//
Derion knocked on the white door, sighing. Maybe I overreacted with Vicky..
When the door was opened, he was greeted by Carmen. She was wearing a yellow tank top and a white pair of shorts with her hair in a ponytail. Feeling insecure about her thighs, she'd hope he didn't stare at them too much.
"H-Hi Derion, what you doin' here?"
"Oh what's up C! My motha' wanted me to pick up some dresses over here?" He questioned.
"Follow me," She signaled with her finger.
Derion walked in behind her, looking around the house as he did.
"So uh.. where's your mom?" He asked, trying to make convo so it wouldn't be too awkward.

Carmen sucked her teeth, "I don't know to be honest, she probably went to the mall or something." She opened the door to her mom's room and went over to her brown dresser.
She bent over to the 3rd drawer, unintentionally giving more access for Derion to check her out.
Damn that ass is off the chain.. He thought to himself, licking his bottom lip.
"Here you go!" She said holding out the items.
Derion looked up, hoping she didn't know the reason he was looking down. "Ight thanks," He took the clothes, examining them. Why would my mama want these?
"Well I'll see you soon Carmen, thanks again." He said, starting to walk out the room.
She grabbed his arm suddenly. "Wait! Um  a-are you doin' anything on Saturday?"
He looked back at her, "Probably hoop with the homies. Other than that nothing, why do you ask?"
Carmen bit her lip in nervousness. "Well since you know—you're not doing nothing I was wondering if you would wanna go see the new Love Jones movie with me?"
"I don't know because I'm kinda t- .. you know what, yeah. I wouldn't mind that." He agreed thinking about how Vicky never claimed him anyway. Maybe it is time to date some of his own again.
Carmen smiled in happiness he took her date invitation. "That's great! Cool! What time is the best for you?"

// might be a part 2 for this idk :).