personal trainer | michael b. jordan.

Cast
MICHAEL B. JORDAN — as MARCUS.
JAZMINE SULLIVAN (now) — as JADE.

"JUST TWO MORE JADE," My trainer, Marcus, encouraged me.
Two more and I'ma fall out completely.
"I—can't!" I said out of breath, putting my hands on my knees. "Can we please take a break Marcus?"
He looked at me in thought. "Alright take 10."
Thank you Jesus. I praised to myself as I plopped down on my couch.
I watched Marcus as he drank water from his bottle. God you're so fine.
From his perfectly fit body to the smile he gives, is the reason I have a crush on my trainer. But a relationship with him would always be no more than a fantasy.. How would I even have a chance when I look like this?
"Something wrong JJ?" Marcus asked, taking me out of my insecure thoughts.
"N-No I'm good. Why do you ask?" I cleared my throat.

"Sorry it just looked like you were thinking about something. You ready to start again? This'll be our last workout for today." He asked stretching.
The things I would do to touch those abs..
"Jade, did you hear me?"
"Oh um—actually can we just cut short today?"
"Why so? No more motivation?"
"It's just.. there's no point to it. It's not like anyone thinks I look good enough to date anyway." I sighed.
"What do you mean? You're gorgeous Jade.." He softly said, trying to make me feel better.
"You're just saying that because you're my trainer.." I said lowly, looking down at my feet.

Marcus came over and used his finger to uplift my chin to make me look in his dreamy, brown eyes.
"No.. I mean that. And don't you think you've done good losing the weight you wanted? You have lost about 20 pounds JJ! And you still looked great before that. I don't think it's normal for a trainer to have a crush on their client since the first few days.." He chuckled, then stopped. Marcus' eyes widened realizing what he just said out loud.
"I um—S-Sorry! I have to g-go, see you for next class Jade!" He said bashfully, getting his bag and water bottle.

I woke up this morning thinking about what Marcus said last week. Did he really mean that? Has he really had a crush on me like I do? It really sounds unbelievable. A fine man like him having a romantic feeling over a girl like me..

MARCUS.
"You're such a dumbass.." I said to myself, walking into the gym.
The number one rule when I did my work was to never enter personal feelings, just business.
.. What if she doesn't even like me back?
What if I'm just her trainer and that's all?
A fantasy that won't even come true..

JADE.
Maybe I should call him? And use my mild confidence to ask him out on a date? What if he says no? That would be embarrassing..
You know what? Yes! I am going to call him. And we're gonna go out to a awesome dinner of seafood! Based off my observations, he likes it so do I.
Now I just have to actually click on the contact..
5 mins later of staring at it..
I finally clicked the call button. My heart sped up slowly as I heard it ring.
"..Hello?"
I tried to say something but.. I hung up.
I changed my mind okay?
My bravery ended when I heard him talk.

4:30 PM.
I had just got out the shower and put on my bummy clothes. I went to the living room to lay around on the couch and watch TV.
"This show looks pretty g-"
Then I heard a knock on the door.
I groaned because I just sat down, now I gotta get back up.
I walked to the door and opened it to see Marcus.
"Soooo, did you call me then chicken out?" He said, waving his phone.
Wow. Great, great job Jade. And you are wearing sweatpants and a sports bra in a time like this.

"I uh, um.. —okyeah." I confessed, stepping aside to let him in.
"What did you wanna.. call me about?"
I fidgeted with my fingers, "Well.. I was wondering.. maybe if one day if you have time we could.. you know.. go out for some seafood?" I stumbled.
There was a moment of silence until Marcus started smiling. "Great! T-That would be awesome.." He agreed happily.
"Really?" I said in disbelief.
"Yes! I've always wanted to go on a date with you.. and I also love seafood." He nodded.
I blushed, "How about we go on um—Friday?"
"Perfect, I'm completely free that day. Especially for you Jade.." He chuckled.
In that moment, I decided to kiss him.
Marcus looked at me in surprise after I did so.
"See you on Friday Marcus.."