talk to me | terrence howard.

Cast
TERRENCE H. — as HIMSELF.
ANGELA BASSETT — as HERSELF.
YARA SHAHIDI (2009) — as HARMONY.

"I'M SORRY ANGELA PLEASE.." His hand reached out to her but she looked at it and shook her head.
"You're too late.. I love you." She backed away from him in the white background they laid. He chased after her, shouting her name.
But, she was gone.

12:36 AM.
Terrence woke up, in the middle of the night—from another dream of his seperated wife. "Not again.." He mumbled.
He rolled over to the other side of the empty bed and grabbed his water bottle for his dry mouth.
His body was sweaty from the intensity.
Terrence sighed before flipping over the cover to take a shower.

2:15 PM.
"You're still coming to get Harmony right?" Angela asked, her voice soft through the phone.
"Yeah—you said 3:30 right?" He recalled.
"Yes. I'll see you later T."
"You too-"
She hung up before he could continue. They'd had been isolated from each other for about 6 months, including their daughter going with her mother.
"..Fuck it. We're gonna talk today." Terrence said to himself, getting his car keys.

Despite the separation, she was only about 45 mins away.
When he arrived, he knew Angela would be caught off-guard. Considering he's really—never done this. But it's been too long.
Terrence walked up to knock on her door..

ANGELA

Angela adjusted her reading glasses as she flipped the page of a new book she brought.

Problems Spells Marriage.

Her marriage had been heavy on her mind. Was what she did the right thing? Did he really think about her anymore?
She bit her lip in thought then shook it off.
"Stop worrying about it Angela. This was the right thing to do for the moment." She moviated herself.

Her attention was brought off her thoughts when she heard the door knock. No one is supposed to be coming at this time..
Angela laid the book on her dresser and walked quietly to the door. She looked through the circle and her eyebrows raised.
Terrence? He's supposed to be here at 3:30..
She slowly unlocked the door and opened it.
"Terrence? What are you doing here so ear-"
"We need to talk Angela."
"Umm okay," She opened the door wider for him to step in. "About what?"
"You know what." He hinted.
She cleared her throat. "There's nothing to discuss."
Terrence sighed, "Then come home Angela. I miss you and Harmony and I'm tired of this seperated thing."

"Maybe if you weren't so absorbed with work and more into your family we wouldn't be going through this." Angela gritted. She walked more into the living room.
"Okay I can admit my schedule was sometimes overfilled—"
"Sometimes?" She dragged.
"—All of the time but I always catered fully to you both when I got home!"
"Yeah at two in the damn morning Terrence."
".. I'm sorry for that." He said, feeling guilty. "But I promise it was just work keeping me."
"It was just work? That's all? It wasn't that young secretary you had too? Oh!" She sarcastically said in disbelief.
Terrence looked at her in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh please don't act like you don't know Terrence. I seen the way she looked at you when I came for lunch with Harmony. How you two use to talk and flirt," Angela rambled off, her jealousy becoming larger the more she thought about it.
"T..Talk and flirt? At the most we were talking about her boyfriend—that she's waiting til' marriage with." He said truthfully. "You're the only woman I would touch, Angela."
She crossed her arms. "Well.. when I'd try to make love to you, all you did was make excuses."

Terrence looked down. "I wasn't engaging because I um.. I had low sex drive. I was embarrassed to tell you.."
"..Why would you be embarrassed to tell me Terrence?"
"I didn't want you going to your friends talking about how your man couldn't get it up," He awkwardly chuckled. "And I didn't want you thinking you didn't do it for me anymore.." He looked her in her eyes while saying so.
Angela looked away from him to contain the heat of her body was having.
Those eyes are how we got in this marriage.

"What do I need to do Angela? I'll do anything." He pleaded.
"..Quit the job." She said without a stutter.
"Quit? Then how am I—"
"You're a successful accountant Terrence. You can find another better and closer to home. If you don't, Harmony and I won't be coming back."
He sighed in defeat. "Okay okay, I will. If that's the only way."
Angela's smile slowly turned into a grin as she took him into a tight, loving hug.
His mouth did the same, "I love you Angela Blackwell."
"I love you, Terrence Blackwell. I missed you so much.."

As they become more reunited with their decision, Harmony had gotten off the bus.
She had opened the door to see both her parents in the same room.
Her face brightened—this was the highlight of her day because it was a pretty bad 8 hours at school.
"Mommy! Daddy!" Harmony ran up to her dad and hugged him, having not seen him in a week.
"Hey babygirl! How was school today?" Terrence kissed her on her smiling cheek and picked her up.
"It was.. okay. I hated it."
Her honesty only made him and Angela laugh.
"Well momma and I have some great news. Maybe that'll make the day better.."