03. phone call

Dinner was inevitably canceled and Y/N found herself stuck in a tight embrace between Sasha and Viviana on her bed. They continued to pepper her cheeks with kisses as she thought about her run-in with Eren. A sigh escaped her lungs as she thought his name.

Her attention returned to Viviana and Sasha when one of the two removed their arms from around her. "If I'd known he came to this god-forsaken school too.." Viviana stopped talking knowing that spewing her hatred for Y/N's ex wouldn't help this situation.

"Okay, okay before I completely start hating him, please tell us what happened!" Sasha whines into Y/N's ear.

After a few beats of silence, Y/N finally opened her mouth to speak, "Well..."

back at the cafe — approx. 30 minutes ago

Once Eren and Y/N locked eyes, it seemed impossible for either of them to look away. It took nearly ten seconds before Eren broke the silence between them and moved slowly across the cafe.

"Y/N L/N*." That was all he muttered, and with that Y/N was able to force herself out of her trance to being gathering her things.

Her breath hitched in her throat and all she wished for was Jean's cocky ass to walk back into the cafe, or for time to stop around her. Neither happened, but she would still give thanks to the black-haired girl next to him.

Y/N lifted her head to see Eren hadn't taken two steps towards her before his girlfriend laid a deadly grip on his forearm.

The couple began whispering to each other and Y/N wanted to seize the moment with a quick escape, but it was as if glue was stuck to the door handles of the cafe. She turned slowly to meet the same blue-green eyes that had taken her by surprise earlier, except he was right in front of her.

Y/N watched as Eren kept his arms at his sides, and fidgeted occasionally. He was looking for an opening or permission to touch her.

"Eren Yeagar." Y/N attempted to lace her voice with indifference, but it came out grossly timid.

She shook her head and forced open the door that wouldn't budge earlier. Eren reached for her hand, and even brushed his fingertips along her own but that'd only scared Y/N. She continued to bolt down the sidewalk and away from Eren, leaving him sighing and attempting to pick up the pieces of his date.

back in Y/N & Sasha's dorm — current time

Y/N eyed Sasha take in her recap of today's events and knew she was in for some awful insult from the way Sasha screwed her face up. "...so you just looked at each other?" Sasha asked skeptically, raising an eyebrow at Y/N.

Y/N rolled her eyes in annoyance. Yes, that was the moral of the story, but what really mattered is how she knew she still yearned for his touch. Or how fast her heart sped up upon contact.

"Look I'm sure there's a shit ton of history he—" Sasha started only to be interrupted by a collective groan of the two sisters.

"You don't even know," Viviana said, recalling the last few months before Y/N and Eren's inevitable break up.

The three all sat in silence individually cursing Eren in their heads before Sasha exclaimed, "Alcohol!"

"What?" Y/N asked with a jump as she was forced out of her thoughts.

Sasha slowly repeated herself while rushing over to her closet, "Al-co-hol."