21. just dinner

heads up, i wrote this at 3 a.m. and did not edit.
~ollie

"It's just dinner, Sasha," Y/N mumbled, looking thoughtfully on her bed at the possible choices for outfits she'd gathered from her and Sasha's closet.

Eren's date idea had plagued her mind for a week, and the fact that she was only a few hours away from sitting across from him at a restaurant wasn't helping her anxiety.

Sasha lifted an eyebrow in Y/N's direction, "Not what I asked. I'll ask again since it doesn't seem you heard me, are you going to his apartment tonight?"

Y/N tossed a strapless royal blue dress on to the floor, "No idea."

"Honestly, the fact that you're being so dismissive about sleeping with him tells me everything I need to know."

"And what do you know?" Y/N's eyes settled on a red slip dress. It was cute enough to seem innocent yet sexy enough to distract Eren most of the night.

"Just make him wear a fucking condom," Sasha grumbled, "And you are not wearing that dress, bitch. The goal is to talk to him."

She forced a sigh out as she threw the dress aside and realized how right Sasha was. Knowing Eren, this would be the last time she would be able to get an explanation for his behavior. Exhausting as it was, this "date" was something that was needed more than wanted.

"You're right. Pretty sure I've put up with too much bullshit to even consider fucking him as an option."

"At least you know it now," Sasha gave her a nod of approval.

... Do I?

Eren stood abruptly upon seeing Y/N turn the corner. He had to admit that she was beautiful in a tight black dress that framed her body perfectly, but she certainly looked like she was there for business rather than pleasure.

Y/N offered him a tight smile and an awkward handshake before sitting. The silence that hung in the air for a few seconds was incredibly painful.

"Thank you—"

"You look—"

They started to speak at the same time and cut themselves off at the same time. Eren chuckled awkwardly before continuing, "Thank you for agreeing to come out. I know this probably isn't what you'd like to be doing on your Saturday night."

"No, this is... great. I was going to say that you look nice tonight," The stiffness in her voice wasn't due to animosity, but because he truly did look great.

A nice, plain white button-up hugged at his chest and toned arms in a very attractive way. His hair was tied into a low, tight ponytail. It gave him a sleek look that Y/N wasn't used to seeing. While it wasn't much, it was Eren, and that was enough to make her breath catch in her throat.

He cleared his throat, "And you as well. You look... um, just—"

"W-We can skip the compliments, it's fine—"

"No! Trust me, you look absolutely amazing. I just wanted to word it in a way that didn't make it look like I was trying to get you into my bed," He gave her a sly smile with a hint of flirtatiousness hidden within his eyes, "But "absolutely amazing" just isn't doing you justice tonight."

Y/N couldn't hold his gaze as she spoke, "Th-Thank you. Um, have you already ordered drinks? I know I was a little late, I apologize."

"No need to, and I have not."

They both started to look down at the menu, occasionally stealing sly glances at one another. Y/N was starting to grow tired of the awkwardness between them. Nothing was going to be accomplished if they didn't talk about their problems. Just because Mikasa had moved didn't mean she was completely out of the picture. Just because Jean had promised to only be friends doesn't mean he wasn't patiently waiting for Eren to fuck up enough with no chance of recovery.