17. team meeting

Somehow, Sasha had managed to get Eren and Jean to sit down on the same couch with Y/N in between them. They were currently in the middle of something that resembled a team meeting about protecting Y/N.

"Okay, Eren, this is at the back of everyone's mind," Sasha began, "would she hurt Y/N?"

He was quiet for a moment. Y/N couldn't help but study his beautiful face with his baby hairs draped gently over his forehead. It was hard for her not to offer him some sort of encouraging touch.

"I... don't know," He whispered.

Jean let out a small, teasing laugh in response.

"Do you have something to say, Jean?" Eren asked.

"If I had something to say, I would say it."

"Took you long enough to tell Y/N you like her. Mikasa mentioned something about how you have history, right? You just thought she was going to stay single forever?"

"She's still single now, you jackass."

"What the fuck did you just say, horse-face?"

"Horse-face? Are you fucking twelve? I don't remember Mikasa mentioning anything about you being her boyfriend."

"How would she know what my relationship status is?"

"What is your relationship status, Eren? Let's hear it!"

"It's none of your fucking business."

"Oh? But I think it is. I mean your psycho ex-girlfriend did snap a picture of me kissing your... girlfriend, friend, which is it again?"

"Shut—"

"Hey! Shut the fuck up!" Sasha yelled, interrupting their taunts. "Y/N, come here. Y'all are giving her fucking whiplash."

It was true that Y/N was having trouble keeping up with looking at which one of them was speaking. She moved slowly over to Sasha's side and looked down at the floor. She didn't necessarily like being the center of attention in this way. It didn't matter that Jean and Eren both wanted her to be safe, all of this just felt like a big hassle.

"Look," Y/N cut herself off momentarily as all eyes turned to her, "...I don't think she will. You just need to talk to her, Eren."

"But we don't kn—" Sasha began.

"I will," He answered avoiding Y/N's eyes.

Sasha groaned, "That's all fine and dandy, but you two," she pointed at Jean and Eren, "need to start spitting out ideas."

"She can stay with me," They both said at the same time. The two boys started glaring at each other again.

"Stop it!" Y/N huffed, "I'm sleeping in my room. Forget this, we weren't ready to see each other."

They both spoke at the same time again with the same pleading eyes glued to Y/N.

"But you need to be safe!"

"I'm sorry, I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"At this point, I agree with Y/N," Connie spoke up from the side of the room, "Y'all are acting ridiculous. She'd stay in my room before I let her near you two."

Sasha gave him a small smile before returning her attention to the matter at hand, "He's right. You weren't even supposed to be here, Eren. We've got pepper spray and tasers to spare between the two of us. I'm starting to doubt Mikasa is going to show up at our room. The bitch is probably listening to all this from outside the damn window." She ended her statement grumbling.

Y/N let out a sad giggle, "Then it's settled. We're all leaving and continuing our break."

Once Jean was away in his room and Sasha and Y/N were preparing to leave, Y/N leaned over to ask her a question.

"Have you told Jean my answer?"

Sasha snorted, "I think you can tell by the way he was acting. I didn't think it was a good time."

Sasha went off to tell Connie good night and get in a few kisses while Y/N continued towards the front doors.

It was exhausting to have her stalker walk up to her and the two boys that she loved be in the same room within the span of a few hours. All she wanted was to be in her bed falling asleep.

The chilly night air hit her skin harshly once she opened the doors to step outside. She almost groaned once she noticed Eren sitting on the steps with his hair tied in its usual bun.

He stood up and turned to her, smiling timidly. "Hey, I— um," He trailed off softly and began to regret waiting for her.

"Hey, Eren," Y/N greeted him with a forced smile.

She loved him — so much — but now wasn't the best time for them to have a serious conversation about how he and Jean acted. Y/N was tired, but loving him still didn't seem like a burden, even with a friendship hanging in the balance and a stalker on the loose.

"I'm sorry, but you had to have seen that that jackass was trying to rile me up too."

"He's still my friend. Watch your mouth," She sighed.

He chuckled softly, "Sorry, sorry," He met her eyes as he spoke, "I will talk to Mikasa tomorrow. There's no reason all this should be happening in the first place..."

"You're right, um, thank you," Y/N started to walk past him, but he grabbed her arm.

"It's me... right?"

Even if he asked without stuttering, Y/N could tell he was desperate to hear her answer. The way he refused to meet her eyes with his own again, and the way he gripped her forearm gave him away. He had a tendency to be insecure about his relationships and how strong they were, and Y/N had been previously acquainted with that insecurity of his.

"Well, yes..."

"Kiss me," He begged, "Just once, and then we can avoid each other again."

This reminded her too much of her last kiss with Jean. "That would set us back weeks, Eren."

"I can deal with that, but I miss you too much now. Please."

Y/N wanted to punch herself when she reached up to wrap her arms around Eren's neck with little to no hesitation. She was tired, but everyone wants their partner in their arms when they're tired, right?

"You kissed him," Sasha said flatly as they took off their shoes in their room.

Y/N felt fear ripple through her spine and she froze on the spot. How could Sasha possibly know what mistakes she was making? She was supposed to be too busy kissing Connie.

"Wh-What do you mean?" Y/N laughed uncomfortably.

"Wh-What do you mean?" Sasha mocked, "Bitch I was watching you from Connie's window. He knew that asshole was waiting for you."

Y/N tried to shake off her embarrassment by asking a question, "Connie wanted me and Eren to have alone time?"

Sasha nodded, going to lay down on her bed, "I don't know what he did to earn Connie's approval, but I think Connie is team Eren."

"What team are you on?" Y/N asked, following in Sasha's footsteps and laying in her own bed.

"Team Sasha," She winked, "Come give me a kiss, baby."

Y/N let out a breathy laugh, "I've kissed too much tonight."

okay so.... 1k reads.... like can i pay y'all or something?
~ollie