07. OTP*

"What?" Y/N stared at Sasha who was slightly bent forward with her hands on her hips. Her expression looked similar to a mother's who was disappointed in her younger child.

"Jean," Sasha hissed, closing her mouth tightly afterward.

Y/N took her shoes off and placed her backpack at the foot of her bed while shaking her head, "I'm going to need more details babe."

"Fine, Y/N!" Sasha flailed her arms around, "He told me that you were getting it on with some brunette in his room!"

Y/N laughed sitting down on the edge of her bed. She was oddly confident about the situation since Jean had no way of knowing who Eren was, "I was 'getting it on'? Am I fifty?"

"No, but you're about to be dead if you don't give me the whole story."

"Found a cute guy, kissed him a bunch, was interrupted by Jean," Y/N leaned back on her hands, trying to seem as unphased as possible. Sasha wasn't dumb, and she didn't usually jump to conclusions unless it was predicting how good a meat dish would taste. So Y/N didn't think she would have too much to worry about, but she couldn't be sure. "Is that enough?"

"No, and yes. We have to get ready anyway. Vivian's on her way to pick us up."

"She did not!" Viviana gasped, slamming her hands on to the table.

"Calm down, V!" Both of the younger girls whispered, giving apologetic glances at people dining at other tables.

Sasha pouted a little before confessing, "You're not giving me enough info these days. I can't believe I'm hearing this the day after it happened."

"I'm sorry, it was just a lot. If you'd come to Jean's party, I might've had the chance to tell you," Y/N was internally grateful that Sasha hadn't come to Jean's. There definitely wouldn't be any chance to hide her and Eren's blossoming... friendship if she had.

"Forget all that," Viviana said waving her hands around dramatically, "What are we gonna do about this Mikasa bi— I mean girl?"

"And why does she think you'd be at all invested in her and Eren's relationship status?" Sasha asked, buttering a roll brought to them by their server.

Maybe because I am totally invested. "I have no clue, guys. I haven't spoken to Eren about it."

"Good, that would be a horrible idea," Viv nodded, taking a sip of her drink.

Sasha quickly swallowed a bite of a second roll; she was trying to see if she liked the restaurant's rolls with or without butter better. "Honestly it may not be that bad." She laughed at Viviana's starstruck response, "I'm not saying to fuck him, but he'd most likely do whatever you wanted right now. He so obviously ended things with this Mikasa girl because of you."

You don't even know. "I don't know. It seems risky. When we saw each other at the cafe, I could hardly speak." Y/N felt horrible for lying, they didn't know about the second time they met at the cafe.

"No need to!" Sasha exclaimed pointing one of her rolls in Y/N's face. "We can send texts in the twenty-first century babe."

"I'm still not convinced," Viviana piped up. "What if he tricks her into sleeping with him?"

Sasha giggled, "I don't know too much about this guy besides what y'all have told me, but I don't think he has evil mind-controlling powers."

"What if I call him?" Y/N had to build the courage to finish voicing her thoughts because of the way Viviana was watching her every move, "I mean it's like a happy medium. It'll be good enough to get answers but impersonal enough for nothing too dramatic to happen..."

Y/N had planned to call Eren tonight anyway. He wanted to make sure Y/N wasn't feeling too uneasy about Mikasa's surprise pop-up. She wanted to keep Sasha and Viviana in the loop about her and Eren enough to where they'd feel like she wasn't making any mistakes, but far away enough so she could make mistakes.

Their server brought out their meals and Sasha set out to devour the ribeye she had ordered so attempting a group conversation was useless. The three of them enjoyed their dinners in content silence.

Y/N walked to a bench close to the front door of her dorm. The air was just as chilly last night so she hugged her legs to her chest before calling Eren.

"Hey!" Eren answered excitedly. Y/N smiled, she could hear the smirk on his face.

"Hi," she said shyly, "What were you doing?"

"Ah, nothing," he began, "Just... thinking about you."

Y/N let out a light-hearted giggle, "Your old flirty ways seem to be making a come-back."

"You can't tell me you didn't miss it." They were quiet for a moment before Eren spoke again, "I'm sure you have your own questions about Mikasa. I really can't wrap my head around what made her think it was okay to confront you like that."

She sighed, thinking of how to bring up her concerns cautiously. Y/N had no way of knowing how much Eren cared for Mikasa so she wanted to be nice about it, "I've never seen her in any of my classes before. I just don't want to think she's stalking me or anything." She ended her comment with a little laugh so Eren wouldn't take it too seriously.

"Honestly, I wouldn't put it past her. I'm sorry you're involved in my mess now."

"What do you mean you wouldn't put it past her? Has she done stuff like that before?"

Eren was quiet for a long time before he answered, "Yes, every time I've tried to break up with her. She'd either pop up around me in random places or other girls that I was... close to."

Y/N didn't expect to be told that she had to watch out for someone's crazy ex. She couldn't help but look around herself cautiously. "That's... insane, Eren."

"Trust me, I fucking know, but I'll talk to her about it... once I unblock her and all." So that's what she meant when she said she'd talk to Eren if she could. "You don't have to worry your pretty little head about a thing."

"Shut up," Y/N grumbled, earning a chuckle from Eren.

"I also have a question for you."

"What's up?"

"Who was that guy last night? His face pissed me off, but it seemed like you knew him."

Y/N had no idea how to answer the question. The guy I fuck when I'm feeling lonely doesn't seem like a good response. "Just... an overprotective friend."

"Hmm, well, tell him I apologize for almost doing the dirty in his bed." Y/N laughed in response, happy her answer had sufficed.

The two of them spent almost an hour just trading jokes with Y/N rolling her eyes at Eren's near-constant flirtation.

The walls Y/N thought she'd crafted so perfectly around her heart after Eren's betrayal were quickly crumbling with his every word.

OTP: 1) one true pairing, 2) on the phone

i decided to give Sasha the meat she asked for in episode sixty seven ;-(
~ ollie