14. a kiss

Y/N spent the rest of her weekend thinking about what to tell Jean and helping Eren figure out exactly what Mikasa had been up to — well only when they weren't fucking.

She was standing in front of the Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity, trying to get the courage to knock or at least text Jean that she was there. Before she could make her move, Connie swung open the front doors.

"Hey, Y/N. If you're going to come here, at least knock. I just had five different people telling me there was some weird chick in front of the door," He yawned. "Did you have fun at your parents'?"

She nodded sheepishly, "I did, and sorry for being a creep. Can you get Jean for me?"

Connie chuckled, "I mean if he's awake. He's been knees deep in pussy all weekend," His eyes bucked when he realized what he said, "I... was not supposed to tell you that I don't think. Give me a minute."

Y/N stood awkwardly in front of the opened door, not knowing how she should take what she just heard. Being jealous wouldn't be right because if she was being frank, she was knees deep in... dick all weekend. On the other hand, being indifferent seemed wrong because Jean made her think he cared about her much more than she'd assumed.

"Connie, I was not "knees deep" in pussy all weekend. I kissed a girl while we were drunk," Jean's voice fumed. Y/N didn't know where he was but she could hear everything as he was nearing the door. "Why would you tell her that?"

"Honestly," Connie's voice whined, "I didn't think it was a big deal, but y'all are both acting like it's the end of the world."

Jean suddenly came into view and smiled at Y/N bigger than he'd been able to just days before. "Hey!" He pulled her in for a hug. "How was your weekend?"

Y/N was going to answer truthfully before she remembered she was meant to be with her parents, "Oh, um, you know how my parents are. So... it was alright."

He chuckled and placed his hands on his hips, "That's better than hearing you cursing about what assholes they are, but you may just be doing that for my sake."

Y/N let out an awkward laugh before clearing her throat, "I-I'm here to give you an a-answer."

"Wait, before you give it to me, I've been thinking about this long and hard over the weekend and..."

"And?"

"One kiss," he said grinning.

"A... kiss? Jean, w—"

"Work with me here, Y/N. I'm ruining solely on false confidence. Just one kiss and then you can decide," Jean begged.

She let out another awkward laugh, "I need time to think about just one kiss. I c—"

"Then don't think," He whispered as he made her way over to her, "Just one kiss, and if you say you don't like me back, I'll back off." He gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

"O-one kiss?"

"Just one."

And then it happened. They kissed softly, no tongue or sexual intention involved, and yet it was still enough to leave Y/N breathless and even more confused.

When she came here, she intended to just reject him for safety measures and if her feelings caught up to her she would at least have time to fix it. Now it felt like she was set back by weeks. Whatever was keeping her from rejecting Jean had come back with full vengeance, but when they pulled away her mind wouldn't stop reminding her of how trusting Eren had been.

Even though he was curious about the double dates, he never once thought Y/N was lying about what happened. Eren believed her with his entire mind, body, and soul. He thought that he had hurt her enough — much to his regret — to prevent her from ever doing the same to him. And yet, here she was, leaning into another man's arms.

"What's your answer, pretty girl?" Jean asked, a big smile on his face.

"I-I don't know," She stuttered. "I need to go, Jean."

"Okay, you blew my phone up in the middle of class and I'm here for you now baby. Why are you crying?" Sasha patted Y/N's head that was lying against her chest softly.

"I can't tell you why I'm crying," Y/N sniffled helplessly, "Everything I've done is my fault, but I can tell you everything I've been hiding."

She unloaded all of the secrets she had been keeping from Sasha. Her sexual arrangement with Jean. How her relationship with Eren had evolved and grown. Jean's actual feelings for her. The way Mikasa was acting. Where she had actually been over the weekend. And, of course, the kiss.

"Wow," Sasha breathed, "That is a lot... you sneaky little bitch."

Y/N giggled sadly into Sasha's chest, trying to stop her tears from falling, "You cannot tell Viviana, though."

"Girl, I know that. I'm pretty sure she would burn the entire campus down if I did."

Their room was silent before the new microwave Sasha had bought over the weekend started to beep.

"Hey babe," Sasha whispered, "I can't help you with any of this, right?" Y/N shook her head, "If that's the case, my instant ramen is done, so you need to put on your big girl panties and suck it up. Whatever you've done or said can't be taken back now. Have a noodle or two and keep it moving."

The next day, Y/N kept her phone turned off and just tried to get through her classes. Ignoring Jean and even Eren seemed like the best idea for her.

She was heading back to her dorm room when she noticed the door was slightly ajar and she could hear Sasha mumbling multiple "what the fuck"s.

"Sasha?" She asked when she stepped inside.

"Bitch, finally! You need to learn to walk quicker!" She ran over to Y/N and held an envelope up to her face, "I wasn't going to open this, but it was addressed to you from fucking Mikasa. This is really bad, Y/N."

She snatched the envelope away from Sasha and sat down on her bed to empty its contents. She saw a photo of her and Eren kissing on campus. It freaked her out sure, but the photo underneath it was even scarier. It was a photo of her and Jean kissing yesterday.

The only thing left in the envelope was a letter that read:

There's no point in trying to get Eren to help you with this, Y/N. He has received a copy of the photo where you are cheating on him. Jean has received a copy of the photo where you are kissing Eren. I provided them both with context behind the photos. Neither of them is going to be there to comfort you now. I could've left you and Eren alone if you weren't about to break his heart. It's only a matter of time before he comes back to me.

Y/N felt sick to her stomach as she read the letter over and over again. She eventually just looked up to Sasha in search of an answer, but Sasha was just as shocked as she was.

She reached for her phone and turned it on quickly. Her fears were confirmed when she saw two text messages from both Jean and Eren.

JEAN
ig ik your answer.
don't sweat it though. let's just avoid each other again.

EREN
[a picture of the photo he received]
ik there's an explanation for this. I'm not just going to blindly believe Mikasa.

oml i feel like the worst bitch on the planet lol.
~ollie