20.5. the next morning

Y/N let out a low groan before she even opened her eyes. The headache she'd gotten from the night before was being dreadfully unforgiving.

When she finally was able to open her eyes, she met Sasha's sleeping face. That wasn't too unusual, but she immediately recognized the sheets on Eren's bed. If it weren't for the aching dryness of her throat in combination with her stiff limbs and that all-too-annoying headache, she would've hopped out of the bed immediately.

Instead she turned over slowly to face the nightstand where she found a note accompanied by a bottle of advil.

You and Sasha are going to need these. I hope you rested well. - Eren

She found the sweet sentiment secondary to her pain and quickly gulped down two of the pills, chasing them down with half a bottle of water that was also on the nightstand. After she rested her eyes for a bit longer, she started to shake Sasha awake.

"Ow," Sasha hissed, "Fuck off, you fucking shitty ass bitch."

"Shut up," Y/N grumbled as she threw the bottle of Advil and the water bottle at her.

"You're a fucking bitch when you're hungover." Despite her complaints, Sasha gratefully accepted the pills and water.

They were both silent waiting for the painkillers to kick in sooner than they knew they would.

"Why are we here?" Y/N groaned, leaning into the pillows.

Sasha sighed before answering, "No clue, but it was most definitely your idea. I would be wrapped up in Connie's blankets with chip crumbs exfoliating my legs if it were up to me."

Y/N whimpered as she cradled her head, dismissing Sasha's comment, "Fuck, I feel like I'm still drunk and hungover at the same time."

"Same here. I threw up all over Eren's bathroom when I got here," She ran her fingers through his bed sheets, "Poor sucker, I am not cleaning that up."

They both let out pained laughs before Y/N said, "I'm naked... are you?"

Sasha nodded, "Sleeping in fucked up clothes is never fun. I helped Eren take off your dress, but you were just dead weight, girl. Don't ever say I don't do anything for you."

Y/N pushed herself off the bed to grab clothes from Eren's dresser. After dressing herself, she tossed random clothes at Sasha.

"You need to go ahead and talk to him. I refuse to hang around haphazardly while y'all are awkward," Y/N pouted in response, "Nope. Go, now."

Y/N trudged slowly towards the door, looking back at Sasha to plead with her, only to be met with the middle finger.

Eren's apartment was still familiar and comforting, but she wished she just slept over at Jean's. She almost turned around when she noticed Eren's muscular frame asleep on the couch. He stirred a little before groggily rubbing his eyes. It took everything in Y/N not to squat behind his T.V. stand. It would only make things more awkward, but she didn't want to just stand there.

"Hey," she mumbled. Surprisingly, he'd heard her and sat upright quickly.

He blinked at her with an unreadable expression before greeting her, "Hey, um..."

"Yeah," Y/N clasped her hands in front of her and looked at the floor as she spoke, "This is just awkward. I get it. Sasha and I are going to head out soon."

"No, no. You don't have to leave," He quickly moved towards the kitchen, opening cabinets searching for things to cook with, "I planned on getting up earlier to make you guys something. You took the medicine, right? You guys shouldn't leave on an empty stomach. I slept right through my alarm, I'm so sorry."

Y/N sighed, knowing this type of rambling would usually make her feel all giddy inside as she realized just how cute and innocent Eren could be. Right now, though, it was just awkward and a painful reminder of how estranged they were.

"Eren, we're fine."

He froze for a moment before turning to her, "What  do you remember from last night?"

"Next to nothing, but it'll come back to me... why?" She fidgets uncomfortably in the spot she was in, struggling to meet his eyes.

He sighed, "Doesn't matter." It's not like we resolved anything, he thought to himself.

"I'm curious now, what happened?"

"Y—" He looked around nervously, "You called me."

"Fuck. I did not mean to do that. I mean— ugh, I— What did I say? What did you say?"

"Nothing important."

"Please, Eren. Tell me," She pleaded with him.

"I— I mean we— Well, you wanted to know where things went wrong and I-I told you that I still... love... you," He studied Y/N a after mumbling the last few words, "It was nothing special, but— but when Sasha texted me that you two were coming over I wanted to tell you that Mikasa's... fine and all settled in. I'm done helping her."

"Oh."

He bit his lip and rubbed his hand over the back of his neck anxiously before continuing, "If I don't ask this now, I never will. Go on a date with me? A real, proper date. Where we talk about us and nothing else. I know this will be my third or fourth chance with you, and you are not the type of woman to put up with all the bullshit I put you through. I just— Please."

Ignoring Sasha's muffled "no!"s behind Eren's bedroom door, Y/N nodded, "As long as you don't force me to stay for breakfast."

edited this really quickly before having to get ready for work so bear with me. hope you enjoyed! also fuck eren yeager! :)
~ollie