16. in the same room

now i don't wanna seem like a dork, but i've been listening to the miraculous ladybug theme song in english and that shit slaps so hard especially adrien's/cat noir's part... also 900+ reads??? are y'all fucking insane, thank you so much! btw, peep the new cover!
~ollie

Y/N sighed to herself as she picked up her bags and headed towards the door of the library. Studying and being productive was easier for her now that she knew Jean intended on keeping his promise to be her friend. It was aggravating that she still had to wait on him, but she couldn't complain since it was her fault he wasn't speaking to her in the first place.

Just as she was about to leave, she felt someone tap lightly on her shoulders and looked back to meet a familiar pair of grey eyes.

Mikasa seemed to look down on Y/N despite them being similar heights.

What makes her think I want to speak to her? Y/N thought angrily. What could Mikasa possibly have to say to her after ruining Y/N's relationship with the boy they both loved?

Y/N flinched when Mikasa gave her a small, teasing smile. "What do you want now?" She asked angrily.

"I'm sure you know about Carla, Carla Yeager," Mikasa began sinisterly, "The anniversary of her death is coming up soon. Who do you think he will turn to for comfort?"

"Why the hell would you bring somebody's dead mother into this? What the fuck is wrong with you?" Y/N found herself shouting in the secluded corner of the library they were in.

The mention of Eren's mother was enough to make her want to punch Mikasa square in the face. Y/N had been by Eren's side when his mother was ripped away from him. She was there when he couldn't understand why the universe could do something so cruel to him. She cried with him, she even cried for him. To have someone bring up something so personal that they knew nothing about made her blood boil.

"I imagine it will be me," Mikasa said, ignoring Y/N's questions, "After all, you did just cause him so much pain. Why would anyone want to be with someone they can't stand when they're going through a hard time?"

"Do you even know Eren?" Y/N hissed, "You're absolutely insane."

Mikasa chuckled coldly, "I've been told that before... but if the only way Eren could put a stop to my insanity is by being with me, what choice does he have?"

Y/N struggled to keep her fists at bay with every taunt Mikasa threw her way. "Turning you into the fucking police."

"That would be pathetic. I'm no criminal. Everything I've done can be chalked up as some over-eager college girl in love."

"Mikasa, you're bothering me, him, and his friends. Do you even love him?"

She glanced away before meeting Y/N's eyes again, "Do you? Or do you just need someone to fuck every now and then? Who's your favorite, Jean or Eren?"

"Shut up," Y/N grumbled. She looked away and squeezed her eyes shut.

Why? Why is this happening to me?

"Sorry, what was that?" Mikasa asked mockingly. Her smile grew every time she could feel Y/N's anger heighten.

"I said shut up, Mikasa! You're absolutely de—"

"Girls!" The librarian hissed from across the room.

Y/N opened her mouth to apologize, but Mikasa cut her off and reached for a strand of Y/N's hair to twirl between her fingers, "Let's pick this up later at your dorm, okay?"

"That's it," Sasha said standing up quickly, "I'm going to talk to Eren. Just because he doesn't want to speak to you doesn't mean this shit can keep happening."