20. drunk calling

theme song for this chapter:
1) what a time by julia michaels ft. niall horan

if you can stand to have this repeat while you read, please do!

time-skip — about 1-2 months

Y/N let out a tired sigh as she shoved her phone in her pocket. It was going on three weeks without hearing anything besides the occasional "how are you doing?" from Eren. Mikasa decided to move back home to make it easier to let go of Eren, and he insisted on helping her, promising to stay faithful to Y/N. As tiring as the situation was she promised her friends to have fun tonight.

"You're freaking twenty-one!" Sasha squealed as she wrapped her arms around Jean.

"Yeah, yeah," He teased with a slight smile on his face. despite the flashing lights in the club, Y/N could see a slight blush grazing his cheeks, "I promise I'll buy you kids booze tonight."

A few "yeah!"s were shouted in response. Y/N couldn't deny the fact that she would've enjoyed this outing more if it were just her, Sasha, Connie, and Jean, but it was his birthday and he wanted more people with him. She'd already had a few shots and her drunk, grumpy self was starting to show.

Y/N forced herself not to elbow Jean in his stomach when he wrapped his arm around her waist, "What are you going to get me for my birthday?" He whispered huskily into her ear. The music almost drowned him out, but throughout being friends-with-benefits, Y/N had learned to decipher his horny mumbling when he was drunk.

"Twenty dollars, take it or leave it," She grumbled. It was obvious he hadn't heard her because he went to chat with someone who'd introduced himself as Marco earlier in the night.

Sasha looked over at Y/N and gave her a look that angrily asked "You haven't forgotten our talk earlier, have you?"

sasha and y/n's chat — yesterday night

"There's going to be alcohol..." Sasha reminded her.

Y/N grimaced when she realized what was coming, "That's usually the case for twenty-first birthday parties and nightclubs."

"Are you planning on drinking?"

"I wouldn't be who I am if I turned down free booze."

"And you're going to have your phone with you, right?"

"Wouldn't want to walk the streets back to campus without one."

"Do not..."

"...call Eren. I know, I know. Trust me."

"I don't think you do. Don't call him, don't text him, don't think about him, none of it. He doesn't deserve that. If it takes three whole fucking weeks to help his ex-psycho bitch move back home, it should take three years for you to let him back into your life."

"Got it." Y/N agreed with a sigh.

It was quiet for a moment as Sasha studied Y/N from across the room.

"...you want to text him now don't you?"

"Really fucking badly!" Y/N reached for her phone and at the same time Sasha rushed to grab it before her, "Please?"

"No."

"Even if I buy you snacks for a whole week?"

Sasha shook her head.

"A month."

"Y/N L/N, I said no!" She snatched the phone from Y/N's hand and returned to her side of the room.