22. patio

warning(s): very (!!) smutty, exhibitionism (?? kind of), one (1) instance of spit play, spanking

quick favor! listen to these songs in this order:
1) sometimes by ariana grande
— meant to highlight how they both feel about their relationship
2) tonight by summer walker
— meant to highlight how y/n feels about the decision she's about to make
3) aphrodite by rini
— meant to highlight how eren feels about y/n sexually (side note: if this song runs until the mention of a *belt* go ahead and skip to the next one)
4) another round by fat joe ft. chris brown
— meant to highlight... honestly i needed another song and this one is perfect for when you want to be h*rny

author's note real quick: got excited after i wrote this and didn't edit to the best of my abilities. also i feel like the chapter is very detailed... maybe too detailed lol. now get your popcorn, playlists, and fingers (hey, i don't judge) ready.

"Beautiful..." Y/N mumbled to herself as she stared up at the night sky.

Sitting on Eren's patio while letting the breeze caress her skin and feeling cold metal beneath her feet was a lot more peaceful than she'd imagined. Being around him wasn't as nerve-wracking as it used to be. Possibly because of how she was self-reflecting or because she was coming to terms with the fact that she and Eren could be nothing at all or everything.

This was the first time in the past few months that letting him go didn't feel like impossible.

"You cold, beautiful?" Eren's voice disrupted the peacefulness of the distant sounds of the city. He sat next to her with a bottle of wine, two wine glasses, and one of his sweatshirts in hand. The small smile he gave Y/N was oddly comforting to her.

She returned the smile tiredly, "A little." The thought of scolding him for using a pet name hadn't crossed her mind as she accepted the sweatshirt.

"If you're tired we don't have to talk about anything," He whispered while cracking open the bottle.

"I'm not too tired... and I have a question."

"I'll answer anything you ask me."

She graciously accepted the glass he offered her, "Did anything happen while you were... helping her?"

He was quiet for a moment, "Nothing too big, no."

"But something did happen."

With a sigh, he reached to roll up the sleeves of his dress shirt and take his ponytail down only to put it in his usual low-hanging messy bun, "There were a lot of... tears. Mikasa did try to kiss me, but I—"

"Did you kiss her back?"

He chuckled slightly, "I did not. I made a promise to you."

"I know..."

"And I know that I'm not your favorite person right now—"

"You're one of them," Y/N interrupted him. She took the last sip from her glass and poured herself another one while avoiding his gaze, "It may not seem like it, but you're easy for me to talk to. If I was going to go through this relationship mess with anyone, I'm glad it was you."