18. our boyfriend

Y/N was scrolling through her phone when a knock at the door distracted her. It was the middle of the day, and most people were in classes or waiting for their next one so she had no idea who it could be.

She opened the door slowly, "Um, hello?"

"Hi," Mikasa greeted her blankly.

Why did she have to come when I was alone? Y/N thought to herself as panic coursed through her veins.

It was the day after their "team meeting" and Y/N was subconsciously kicking herself when she realized how stupid she'd been to insist on sleeping in her own bed.

"How did you know where I live?" She asked. It was a miracle she didn't stumble over her words.

Mikasa sighed, "I'm not here to answer your meaningless questions. Why wasn't Eren home until eleven last night?"

"I-I'm not his babysitter, Mikasa." And there goes the stuttering.

"But you were with him," When Y/N opened her mouth to speak, Mikasa warned her, "Don't lie to me."

"I don't have a reason to tell you the truth. D-Didn't Eren speak to you?"

Mikasa let out a small, mocking chuckle, "He did, or he attempted to. It all went in one ear and out the other. He wants me to leave his precious Y/N alone... but," She smiled ominously, "I can only do that once he says he loves me again."

Y/N wanted to slam the door in her face and stay locked inside her room for the rest of the day. Every time Mikasa suddenly pops up in front of her, they had the same conversation. It was obvious she didn't like Y/N and wanted Eren back, but what was her goal?

"I have no control over that," Y/N mumbled.

"That's because you're weak-minded, but I know what Eren wants," Mikasa placed her hand on one of Y/N's shoulders and looked her up and down while speaking, "You know how impulsive and easily persuaded our boyfriend can be. So I want you to give him permission to do something that he's been very hesitant about."

"And if I don't?" Y/N pushed Mikasa hand off her shoulder and took a step back, gripping at the door handle.

"Well, we can stay in this sad, pathetic loop of me continuously ruining your relationship. Imagine the strain of always having someone else lurking the shadows... I don't think our poor baby could handle it."

Y/N only blinked at her in response. The amount of anger she felt when Mikasa admitted to understanding the stupid loop they were in was undeniable. It almost made Mikasa laugh.

"Okay, this may sound silly, but let's make a bet. I can't promise to leave you alone if you win, but if I do, you will never seek him out again, understood?" Mikasa took Y/N's silence as agreement, "Good. Give Eren permission to have sex with me since that's how you got him back in the first place."

Anger turned into confusion, confusion turned into laughter. Y/N struggled to catch her breath after she took in Mikasa's "bet", "Y-You're fucking k-kidding, right?"

Mikasa stood and let Y/N collect herself before speaking again. She couldn't deny that her own anger was now bubbling, but she managed to keep her calm facade together, "I am not."

"Okay, our "boyfriend" isn't some two-dimensional man who only cares about sex. It's honestly baffling how little you understand about him," Y/N found the confidence to get in Mikasa's face and glare at her, "I'm not giving him "permission" to do that. You really are desperate aren't you? If he wanted to fuck you, he would, trust me."

"You're kidding," Eren whispered.

"I'm not."

After mikasa took her leave, Y/N decided a three-way call with Eren and Sasha was the best way to update everyone on the situation.

"Eren," Sasha suddenly said angrily, "You didn't fucking speak to that bitch, did you?"

Everyone was overwhelmingly quiet after Sasha's accusation, and it left Y/N wondering if it was true. part of her — the part that was tired of dealing with Mikasa's bullshit — wanted to end things with eren if it turned out to be true. But another part of her — the part that had loved him since sophomore year — wanted to help him through whatever was holding him back from telling Mikasa to screw off.

"I... tried," he muttered.

"How hard?" Sasha asked. "No, you know what? I know it wasn't hard enough. Do you realize how fucked up this is? Do—"

"Fuck, Sasha I do! I swear I do. It's just..."

"It's just what, Eren?" Y/N asked as softly as she could.

It was frustrating that it seemed like everyone else was on board with pushing Mikasa away from their lives, but he wasn't. These weeks of not speaking to Eren were getting to Y/N and she just needed them to end. She would end the wait herself if there wouldn't be a third person in their relationship.

Eren took a deep breath before answering, "She's... been through shit... like me. I-I don't want to make excuses but... she lost her parents too. I wasn't there for her like you were for me, Y/N — I didn't know her when it happened. But when she told me her story and I told her mine..."

"I'm not trying to be mean, but why does that matter? I know it matters... but you want Y/N, right?" Sasha asked.

"I do." Eren answered with no hesitation. "I can't just leave Mikasa on her own, though. She's not good on her own. She would do just about anything for me — how can I abandon her...?"

Y/N bit her lip and held a frustrated sigh back. She'd refrained from telling him one part of her and Mikasa's earlier conversation because she knew he cared about Mikasa a lot more than he'd let on. It was only a matter of time before her patience broke though, "Do you want to know what she asked me to do earlier?"

"What?" Sasha and Eren asked at the same time.

"She wanted to make a bet. The only thing Mikasa wants is to fuck you, Eren. And see how long it takes for you to crawl back to her." The silence on the other lines was enough to make Y/N regret her words. Her phone buzzed from a notification and she looked down to see a text from Sasha.

SAUSAGE
you're serious???
i don't even like Eren and i think
he deserves better.
there's no way she just wants
to fuck him though.

"I'll talk to her. I actually will this time," Eren sighed.

"Well," Sasha began mockingly, "third, or fourth, time's a charm."

it's been a hot fucking minute since my last update. i just want to apologize for any grammar mistakes or if this chapter is just bad. i, unfortunately, edited half of this while i was drunk as shit, and edited the other half hungover and high as shit lmao. tysm for reading btw!!
~ollie