I Surge of determination I

K A B A N A T A XVII

Third Person's POV

As the sun filled the mansion, Everly walked down the corridors towards the sala, where she noticed the familiar back figures of two people she knew. Sa likod palang ng mga ito ay kilalang kilala niya na.

Napahinto siya ng tuluyang lumingon sa kanya ang mga ito. Beta Jake was staring at her with that recognition and a small smile on his lips, the polar opposite of Alpha Greyson's glare.

"Where did you go?" Malamig na usal nito sa kanya ng sandaling makalapit na siya sa mga ito.

"I–" But then she was cut off when Manang Linda arrived.

"—Inutusan ko lang siya kumuha ng tela sa bodega ijo." Parehong nagtama ang mata nila ng matanda at kaagad niyang nabasa ang ekspresyong nakapaskil sa mukha nito. Tila ba sinasabi na hindi ito ang tamang pagkakataon para isiwalat kay Greyson ang ginawa niyang pagpasok sa sikretong kwarto nito.

Given Greyson's attachment to that room, they don't think he'll like it when he discovers Everly has stormed in there twice now.

"Kamusta ka Everly?" Kaagad na nabaling ang kanilang tingin kay Jake na hanggang ngayon ay nakapaskil pa din ang ngiti sa labi. But then, Everly can see through that smile of his. Alanganin iyon at 'tila ba gusto nitong pagaanin ang atmospera ng paligid.

Masyado na kasi iyong bumibigat dahil sa seryosong aura ng Alpha, gayundin naman ang tila pagbabago sa ekspresyon ni Everly. It appears that leaving her on the verge of death changed something in the woman. Jake can't help but cast a pitying glance her way, but for the first time, Everly gave him a small smile.

"Follow me." Iyon lang ang inusal sa kanya ni Greyson na siyang dahilan ng pagkabog ng kanyang dibdib. Everly is cursing herself for being so carried with him. Not this time, she can't let her emotions rule her.

Jake noticed how the woman's small smile faded as she began to follow the alpha and walk behind him. Jake can't help but hope that everything will work out and that the alpha will finally agree to tell the pack about Everly.

Yesterday, Alpha Marcus interrupted their conversation, which neither of them expected or anticipated. Given that Alpha Marcus has ruled the pack for years and has mastered reading people through their words and actions. Balewala ang kanilang pagsisinungaling. Unang letra palang na lumabas sa labi ng alpha ay hindi na nito tinanggap.

You'll either tell me the truth right now or I'll find out for myself. If that happens, I promise you, son, I will never guarantee that person's safety. The previous alpha's words are enough to make them terrified.

Greyson has no choice but to tell the truth in the end. He told his father that he had finally found his mate. As a result, the Alpha directed him to present the mate and soon-to-be luna to the pack by the next full moon.

Kung tutuusin ay sapat naman sana ang oras na iyon para maihanda nila si Everly sa pagharap sa pack pero tila hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa din supportado ni Greyson ang ediyang iyon.

I just hope he won't do something that he'll regret later on. Usal ni Jake sa utak habang minamasdan ang likod ng mga ito na naglalakad paalis.

When they arrived at Luna's garden, they continued walking until they both entered the old cabin. Nanatiling nakatayo si Everly isang metro mula sa gilid ni Greyson. Now that his father is aware of her existence, he appears to have no choice but to reveal her to them.