I The Great Aurea I

Warning! This chapter is not edited, so expect typos, misspelled words, and grammatical errors. Thanks and enjoy reading!

KABANATA XLIV

Third Person's POV

"You should eat Cimmerian," Luna Asherah once again said to her oldest daughter upon entering her door. She met the eyes of the servants who silently stood beside the lady's bed holding her already cold food.

"We're already scarce of food so I'll no longer tolerate this behavior." Bakas ang pagtitimpi sa boses ng Luna habang humahakbang palapit sa nakatalikod na bulto ng nakahigang dalaga.

Ilang araw ng ganito ang akto ng anak at nababahala na siya para sa kalusugan nito.

"Tumayo ka dyan Cimmerian." Buo ang boses na utos niya dito bago hinila ang kumot na tumatabon sa buo nitong katawan.

"Cimmerian." Muling tawag niya dito dahil nanatiling nakatalikod ang dalaga at hindi gumagalaw sa pwesto nito. Naningkit ang kanyang mata sa inis at tuluyan ng sumampa sa kama upang yugyugin ito sa balikat.

"Cimmerian!" She can no longer abstain from screaming because of her daughter's behavior. She continued to shook Cimmerian's shoulder and ended up harshly pulling her body to face her.

"Luna—" Kaagad na nanlaki ang kanilang mata ng makita ang pawisan at maputlang mukha ng dalaga. Mabilis na ginalugad ng Luna ang kabuuan ng katawan nito at natuod sa kanyang pagkaka-upo ng makita ang damit maging ang tagong parte ng kanyang kama na punong-puno ng dugo.

"Cimmerian!" She screamed in terror upon touching her child's cold hands, there's countless slit marks on her wrist and by the looks of the wound and the blood that's almost dried, she's probably been bleeding all night.

Nemya's lips parted in shock upon seeing Cimmerian's pale face, as if the lady was already dead. She's been outside the woman's bedroom all night and all she could notice is Cimmerian's unusual quietness inside just like how everything has been after the attack, little did she know the lady already plans to end her life.

"Anong nangyayari ina?!" Puno ng pagkatarantang usal ni Estrienne ng sandaling marinig ang kaguluhang nangyayari sa loob ng kwarto.

Maging ito ay napaatras na lamang sa kinatatayuan at sunod-sunod na iniling ang ulo habang nakatingin sa duguang kapatid.

"Tulong! Anong pang ginagawa niyo! Tumawag kayo ng tulong!" Tila baliw na sigaw ni Asherah habang pilit na tinatalian ng tela ang duguang pulso ng anak at mahigpit iyong niyakap.

Upon witnessing Cimmerian's condition, Nemya couldn't shake the pang of pain in her chest. After days of caring for the lady and witnessing her courageous and compassionate nature, reminiscent of Nemya's own youth, she had developed a genuine affection for her, viewing her as a younger sibling figure.

Now, as she observed Cimmerian's almost lifeless body being embraced by her weeping mother, feelings of guilt and regret flooded Nemya's chest. She had been so focused on spying on their family and mansion that she hadn't realized Cimmerian was suffering from depression and sadness deep enough to lead to such a drastic action.

What compounded her distress was her inability to use her magic to heal Cimmerian, as she had pledged loyalty to Greyson and her presence at the mansion was solely for that purpose.

"Cimmerian!" Beta Rafael finally came with their pack healers and Cimmerian was soon sent to the pack's infirmary.

Meanwhile, in the Dark palace where the Coven has now been called by Lord Casfir finally witnessed his wrath after long years of getting nothing but silence from him.