I A stranger to each other I

Warning: This chapter is not edited, so expect typos, misspelled words, and grammatical errors. Thanks and enjoy reading!

KABANATA XXXIX

Third Person's POV

The blurred image of the woman stared right into his dark soul as deadly roots started arising beneath the ground he's currently standing. His body won't move even a bit despite his frustration.

Panandalian niyang ibinalik ang tingin sa malabo ngunit pamilyar na imahe ng nilalang na iyon sa kanyang harapan. Ang mata nitong nababalot ng kadiliman at poot para sa kanya. Ramdam niya ang pag-gapang paakyat ng mga ugat na iyon paikot sa kanyang katawan.

He did his best to dodge those roots from penetrating his body but it just grew thicker and sharper as he tried to explode it with his magic.

He is a cross breed, but the light and dark side of his magic seemed powerless from the woman's enormous power. He screamed for the last time but not an ounce of his voice can be heard as that monster let go of her ultimate attack on his direction, leaving him helpless and unaware of the extent of the damage.

Ang tahimik na paligid sa loob ng lumang kubong iyon ay nabasag dahil sa biglaang pagbalikwas ng kanyang pasyente. Saglit na nanlaki ang mata ni Yvaine at napatulala sa direksyon ng lalaking kanina lang ay tila wala ng buhay na nakahiga sa matigas na kama.

Oh my god. She silently screamed inside her head as she finally got a hold of herself. The man, the stranger or whatever creature he is, is finally awake.

Ang puyat na kanina ay unti-unti ng lumalamon sa kanya ay biglang naglahong parang bula ng sandaling magtama na ang kanilang tingin.

"Ouch!" Her eyes instantly went down to the sharp and small knife she's holding and the blood that is slowly seeping out from the small cut in her pointy finger. She can't help but to let out a curse underneath her chest because of the pain.

Sandaling nawala ang kanyang atensyon sa lalaki na noon ay tuluyan ng nagbalik sa realidad ang utak.

He acted on his own reflex and in a split of seconds he's already holding the creature's neck tightly, trying to strangle it to death, though it tried to move out of his grasp but this creature is too weak and fragile to even make a scratch on his hands.

'How dare you—'

Yvaine helplessly tried to move the man's hands from her neck because she's slowly losing her breath. She stared at him with tears welling up in the corner of her eyes as she screamed for him to let go. She noticed him moving his mouth to form words but not a single sound or voice came out of it. She could no longer understand what happened next as she finally fell to the ground, desperately grasping for air.

'W—What?... W-What is happening to me?'

Levan, no matter how hard he tried, he could no longer hear his own voice. He stood there in complete terror as his last memories of his fight with lord gallore's demon flooded to his mind like water.

Looks like this is the consequence of him using a forbidden spell. He had lost his ability to speak.

Noon lang din niya naramdaman ang panaka-nakang panginginig ng kanyang mga kalamnan at ang labis na panghihina doon. Dulot na din ng tila pagkawala ng malaking porsyento ng kanyang kapangyarihan.