I Crizelle's Return I

KABANATA XXXII

Greyson's POV

I've been walking in this empty space for more than half an hour now. I don't know the reason why I'm here or if it is a reality or just a dream. I've completely lost awareness of it now. But as I felt the coldness under my feet with every step that I take, all these seems to not just be a mere dream. Everything feels close to reality.

After taking more steps, all of a sudden, my surroundings have started to change.

I'm now walking in this vast grassland but then stopped a few steps away from the cliff as the familiar and beautiful scene of the sunset mesmerized my entire being. For a moment, I just stood there, listening to the silence as the calm waves on the sea below lingered in my ears.

I tried to move my body but it seems to be controlled by someone else.

Sinubukan kong magsalita ngunit walang kahit na anong boses na lumalabas sa aking labi.

Is this still part of the effect of that demon's spell? If it is then I have to wake myself up soon, manang Linda and Everly are in danger. I can't let them get hurt by that demon evil creature.

"You're here, again," said the voice from behind. For some reason I can't seem to feel any threat despite its unfamiliar tone.

My body starts moving on its own once more as I start having this strange feeling inside.

This unwavering feeling of longing while I'm gazing into the mixing palette of purple, orange, and yellow over the vast sky as dusk takes over the entire place.

I can't help but question this very strange feeling of familiarity for every single thing that I'm experiencing right now.

Like I'm waiting for something that I don't even know...

Tanging malabong imahe lamang ng nilalang ang aking nadatnan ng tuluyang lingunin ng aking katawan ang pinagmulan ng boses na iyon kanina. Ngunit, sa kabila nun ay tila ba nakikilala ito ng aking sarili.

"You know she'll never come back right?" puno ng lumanay na usal nito.

There's a hint of helplessness in the man's voice. As if he is already tired of muttering the same words over and over again. For some reason, I suddenly felt a pang of pain in my chest as I breathed in sadness and my lips formed a bitter smile.

"I know, but I'll still wait. I promise to myself I will never stop visiting this place until I see her standing on that same cliff once again, watching that beautiful sunset, just as pretty as her eyes..." I muttered with so much longing and misery as the pain in my chest worsened.

This pain... I know I've felt it more than a few times. But it's still the worst thing I'll ever feel in my life. The pain of losing someone I dearly cherish...

"You're still a foolish man, as always..."

That voice suddenly interrupted my soul. It echoed in every inch of my body as it recognized the voice to be the one I've been longing for. I desperately looked all over the land, ignoring that person's scream and warnings.

Then I found myself lying on the ground again, feeling that excruciating pain on my chest because of that demon's attack. Somehow, I regained consciousness for a moment and saw a silhouette of a woman, sitting beside my bloody body.