20~|| Pandavas ||

The royal family of hastinapura stood at the entrance of the palace as they anxiously waited for the arrival of the pandavas

The royal family of hastinapura stood at the entrance of the palace as they anxiously waited for the arrival of the pandavas. With the passing of time most of them were anxious and excited. A part of the family were glad and happy for the arrival of the pandavas while the other part were feeling the old hatred rushing back in their veins.

Soon the galloping sound of the horses were heard signaling the arrival of pandavas. Smile spread across the faces of some while some faces darkened with hatred. Soon enough the entire family of Pandu stood in front of the palace of hastinapur. 

"Putri Alakanandha here take this taal and do the arthi and welcome them in." Gandhari said forwarding the arathi taal.

"Mata how can I?" Nandha asked nervousness clear in her voice.

Why not after all this was the first time she is meeting the family of pandu, who are in a way as important as her husbands family and she didn't want to start by making a bad impression on them. 

"Putri you are the eldest daughter-in-law of Kuru family and hence its your right to do the welcome of the new bride. Don't be nervous putri. They are family." Gandhari encouraged her. 

Nandha looked at Duryodhana, who was watching the conversation between his mother and wife with a frown on his face. She could clearly understand that her husband was not pleased with his mother's words but decided not to say anything. Hesitating slightly she took the aarathi taal in her hands and moved forward towards the pandavas. 

Nandha passed a small yet beautiful smile to new comers. She took the arathi of Kunti and the pandavas. She did the grahapravesh rituals for draupadi. While doing the arathi of pandavas, her eyes unknowingly locked eyes with the elder madraya. A spark of recognation flashed before their eyes.

'You are my best friend Nakula.'

'Please don't leave me Nakula.'

'You will always be my best friend Nakula.'

'I will never forget you Nandha.'

'I will come back for you Nandhu.'

'I will always be there for you Nandha.'

Both of them felt their heart beat rising as they continued to stare at each other. Atlast Nandha turned her face away feeling uneasyness creep in her heart. Nakul felt his breath hitch as the sweet memories of his childhood flashed before his eyes. He averted his gaze away from Nandha as he tried to calm is heart beat.

This small exchange between them were noticed by Shakuni and Duryodhana. Shakuni smirked evily seeing the exchange between these two. His evil mind waved a wonderful plan to destroy the pandavas. And for his this plan all he required to do is fuel the fire of jealous and hatred in the mind of his nephew using Nandha and Nakul.

Whereas Duryodhana clenched his fist trying to control his anger. He definetly doesn't like the way Nakul was looking at his wife. He was already disappoined with his mother's talk and now this Nakul is only making the things worse for him. He didnt want lose his calm and create a scene in front of his wife otherwise he himself don't know what he would have done to Nakul for looking at what is his. Nandha is his and he won't let anyone snatch her from him.