5~|| A Day out ||

A day later

A day later

Aadrika, Alaknandha, Subhadra and Dushala layed on the grass looking at the blue sky.

"One more week and after that you will be married. Then you will be no more a free bird. You will be a caged bird." Aadrika said looking at Dushala.

"Don't be jealous. You will also get a prince charming soon. Then he will cage you in his prison of love." Dushala teased making a small blush to appear on Aadrika's cheeks.

"What? Me Jealous? no never. Why would I be jealous? I don't want to marry any time soon. I want to enjoy my freedom." Aadrika argued back.

"Whatever you say but sooner or later you will be tied by the sacred tread." Dushala said making Aadrika roll her eyes.

"Hey I have a doubt." Aalaknandha spoke for the first time.

"Ask" Subhadhra said.

"Why do only girls have to leave behind her house? I mean why only us girls should suffer the pain of leaving our family and why not the boys?"

"It is a complecated question. I don't know. Do you know Dushala?" Aadrika said making Alaknandha look at Dushala for an answer.

"Sorry Nandha I don't know."

Alaknandha then looked at Subhadhra hopping to get an answer but sighed when she shook her head no.

"Ask Maharani Gandhari or Bua Kunti maybe they could answer your question." Subhadhra suggested. Alaknandha nodded her head thiking about it.

Aadrika suddenly sat up making the the other three to follow the her suit.

"What happened Aadrika? Why did you sit so suddenly." Dushala asked.

"You have one more week before your marriage." Aadika asked ignoring her previous question..

"So"

"So lets enjoy the last seven days of your freedom. We will help you fulfil your wishes. So what do you wish to do first. Tell us" Aadrika said with excitement.

"I...I want...to... No need. It is stupid."

"Come on say it yaar." Aadrika said impatiently.

"I want to roam around Hastinapur as a commoner without any royal guards."

"Ok. We will do it. Today afternoon the guards will take rest after dinner. It will be the best time we will leave the palace dressed upp as common people without any guards following us." Aadrika said after thinking for a moment.

"No" Alaknandha and Dushala said together.

"Absolutely no. Don't look at me with those eyes. I don't want to get into any trouble. I am getting married next week." Dushala said shaking her head.