27~ || Aftermath ||

Author's Pov

Author's Pov

"Why would you do that Gandharaj?" Nakul asked, not tearing his sight from Nandha, who was being dragged mercilessly by his cousin, her husband.

"Do what panduputr Nakula?" Shakuni asked with a sly smirk.

"Don't act so innocent mamashree. I have already seen behind your facade. I know it was your plan to create a scene like this so that bhrata Duryodhana would doubt Nandha. But what happiness are you getting from destroying your own nephew's married life?"

"Panduputr Nakul, what are you saying? Why would I try to destroy my own nephew's married life?" The mockery in Shakuni's voice was not gone unnoticed by Nakula.

"Gandhararaj Shakuni, please stop the acting. No one in this whole aryavart knows your wickedness clearly more than me and my family. I'm not a fool like you think Gandhararaj. I can clearly see though your deceptive innocent face."

A sinister smile masked Shakuni's face. "Panduputra its not me who is destroying Duryodhana's married life. It is you, who is doing that."

"Me? What are you saying? Don't try to twist your words and trap me, Gandhararaj."

"I'm not twisting my words nor am I trying to trap you in my words. What I'm telling you is the truth. It is you who is destroying Duryodhana's married life."

"What?....What did I do?"

"If you and your family hadn't come back alive then Duryodhana and Alaknandha would have been happy and contend in their life. Their lives would have been colorful without any troubles."

"Fine for making bhrata Duryodhana hate us you are doing this, but then what is Nandha's fault in all this?" Nakul asked.

"Alaknandha has no fault in this. Poor girl unknowingly did a sin of attracting Durodhana and You. If not for you, I wouldn't have trapped Alakanandha. If you hadn't loved her then I would never have used her as a pawn in my revenge." Nakul visibly paled hearing Shakuni's words.

He knows. Nakul's heart and mind whispered simultaneously.

He knows about his feelings for Nandha. How did he know about his love for Nandha? Only his brothers, Arjun and Sahadev, knew about Nandha and him and he was damn sure neither one of them would have told Shakuni. But then how? Fear crawled through his veins as his thoughts went to Nandha.

A satisfied chuckle escaped Shakuni's lips. He was clearly enjoying Nakul's pain. All the sacrifices he made has now finally started paying off. The very first step of his revenge is fulfilled. And now after thirty five years of sleepless nights, he can finally have some peaceful sleep.

"Hear it carefully Panduputra you are the one who is destroying Duryodhana's marital life and the sole reason for your lovely Alkanandha's sufferings. Each tear she shed will be due to you. All her upcoming pain and sufferings will be due to you. Your love for her will become the reason of her sufferings." Shakuni snarled before walking away.