21|| Bitter Sweet ||

Author's POV

Author's POV

Alaknandha walked inside her chamber after a very tiresome day and found her husband waiting for her arrival. Unknowingly a smile appeared on her face liking how he waited for her. She liked his this side, caring and loving than his monstrous side.

Duryodhana sat on the bed seething in anger. The day could not get more worse than it already is. The arrival of pandavas itself had made him lose his mind and now the panduputr Nakul is after his wife. He didn't like way Nakul was gazing at Nandha during dinner.

His hatred for the pandavas has increased to another deathly level. He was lost in his thoughts when he suddenly sensed a presence near him, he looked up and found his wife looking at him with a sweet smile on her face.

"Why are you late, Nandha?" He asked standing up.

The smile on her face flattered seeing his cold expression. She gulped seeing his cold and distant eyes. She found herself getting scared under his intense gaze. She kept quite not knowing what to say. No words came out of her lips as her heart tightened in fear. Fear of his anger.

"I hate repeating myself Nandha. So its better you answer to my question. Why were you late?" He asked gritting his teeth.

"I...I.. mata....wanted to introduce me..me....to...the guests....who have....arrived today." She shuttered afraid that unknowing she may wake up the monster in him.

His eyes softened seeing her trembling form and cursed himself for making her remind of his evil side. His knew his anger was the main reason of downfall. All the hard work he had done after his marriage for her acceptance and love had crumbled down before him in mere seconds just because of his anger. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath controlling himself.

He slowly walked towards her and cupped her face. He could feel her uneven breath and understood her fear. She was visible trying to stop herself from trembling and was failing miserably. She wanted to move away from his hold but was afraid of its his anger.

Sighing softly he said, "I am sorry priye. I didn't mean to get angry and scare you. I was getting worried with you getting late. You see you never get late and this is the first time. Many unwanted and negative thoughts occurred in my mind. I am sorry priya."

Nandha's heart swelled with love at his words. He got worried for her. He was scolding her because he was worried for her and her safety. A small smile appeared on her face and soon her fear for him was replaced with her love for him.

"I am sorry arya I got you worried but mata was insisting me to stay with her and I lost track of time. But I promise it won't happen again arya. I am really sorry arya. Please don't get angry with me." She pouted.

"Its fine priye and I am not angry with you. Don't apologize, its not your mistake." He said pecking her pout.

He wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her into a hug.