26 ~|| Painful Love ||

"Adjusting her red gown

she stared at the ceiling with tears flowing down her face,

the white bed sheet soon turned to red with the drops

of her wild blood dripping down her legs

- The dark nights (marital rape)"

― Jyoti Patel, Anamika Beyond words

Author's Pov

The daylight had dwindled to a barely perceptible lightening of the gloom. As the light drains away there is barely enough even for shadows. The stars and moon cower behind a dense layer of cloud, giving the air that tincture which associate with the world before a storm.

Even the nature seemed to have understood the destruction that awaited her. The destruction that will break her to an extent that she would never dare to dream of a happy future with him.

Duryodhana closed the door with a bang. He was breathing heavily, his chest raising and falling rapidly as his bloodshot eyes glared at her petty figure. Taking a deep breath he walked towards Nandha, who was on the floor due to his rough push. She half sat, half lied on the floor, sobbing.

He raised her from the floor, roughly by holding her hair. He fisted her hair roughly in his hands making a painful whimper escape her lips.

"Arya it's hurting. You are hurting me." She whimpered. He chuckled maliciously before clutching her hair more tightly.

"Sorry? I can't hear you, love. The betrayal and the pain I faced because of you today has chained my heart from seeing you pain. How could you, Nandha? I gave you everything, everything you desired yet you went to him. What was it that he had and I didn't that you went to him?" He sneered.

"Arya you are misunderstanding the situation. Me and Nakul-" A slap landed on her cheeks cutting off her words in the middle.

She gasped, feeling the stinging sensation on her cheeks. Raising her she gently touched her reddened cheeks. She froze, looking at him with wide eyes.

 She froze, looking at him with wide eyes