34~ || Unsettled feelings ||

Author's Pov 

Author's Pov 

"Nandha, here look at this teal coloured lehenga. It suits your skin tone quiet well. Do you like it?" Aardika chirped, excitedly passing the lehenga to her sister.

The royal women of Amernath sat around the canvas cloth, which had plenty of beautiful and eye catchy lehengas spread across it. Hands moved across, taking and throwing the clothes, wanting to choose the best for themselves for the upcoming special day.

"It's beautiful jiji." Nandha replied tracing her fingers through the floral pattern of the clothing. It was a beautiful lehenga with pleasing floral patterns embroidered on the dupatta.

"Take it, Nandha. When brother-in-law Duryodhana sees you in this dress, I'm sure he will have a hard time trying to keep his hands to himself." Aardika giggled, wriggling her eyebrows making a bit of red blush spread on Nandha's pale cheeks.

'He does not care anymore, jiji. He has found someone else for himself. He doesn't need me anymore.' She thought, forcing a smile on her lips.

"I will take it then, jiji. Thank you." Nandha said instead, she didn't want her sister to know about her failed wedlock. "Now jiji, please help me find a beautiful lehenga for you to wear on your most special day."

It's been three days since they had arrived in Amernath and a total of five days since leaving Hastinapura. The young couple's welcome to Amernath was grand and posh. It was more like a festival than a welcome.

The moment she saw her father she didn't think twice before throwing herself in his arms. She couldn't control her tears when she felt him retuning the hug with the same affection and intensity. Her father's presence seemed to have washed away all the sadness and pain she has experienced in the past few months. 

The situation was same with her siblings too. The trio hugged and cried in each others arms, happy that they were all together again. After that she met her sister-in-law and immediately fell in love with the little bundle of joy in her arms. Little Mythili was exactly how she had pictured her to be, a perfect mixture of her bhrata and sister-in-law.

Her sister took it herself to accompany Nandha to her old chamber, the one she used before her marriage. The guards brought in her belongings along with that of her husband's and that was when she realized she had to share the chamber with him during their stay there.

Though a part of her was happy with his decision to accompany her to Amernath, the other part of her was curious as well as a little suspicious as to why he was here with her instead of travelling north to Kalinga. She wanted to ask him but the fear of him and his anger stopped her.

Despite staying in the same chamber for the past three days not even for once did he try to speak to her. Even during their two day journey, he didn't utter a single word to her but funnily enough he took care of all her needs.