32~|| Decisions ||

'Sleep, sleep, my love, my only, Deep, deep, in the dung and the dark; Be not afraid and be not lonely! This

'Sleep, sleep, my love, my only, Deep, deep, in the dung and the dark; Be not afraid and be not lonely! This.' — E.B. White

Author's pov

"Nandha" Nandha froze as the voice of her husband rang in her ears. It was bitter sweet hearing her name from his lips.

She looked up and found him looking at her with some many emotions in his eyes. Panic griped her hard as she looked at him with fear evident in her eyes. Invisible hands clasped over her mouth, making it hard for her to breath. But soon sanity seemed to have crashed upon her, just like her dreams. 

The warmth his arms has provided her a few seconds before seemed to have vanished completely as her chocolate orbs looked into his light brown orbs. She was so lost in her moment of joy in being his arms that she completely forgot what had been happening between him and her for the past few days.

She forgot, he was not the same man she fell in love with.

She forgot, his heart no longer belongs to her.

She forgot, she meant nothing to him.

"I....I..." She stuttered not knowing what to say. She wanted to talk to him but she couldn't. The invisible hands were drowning her words, not wanting her to even feel a drop of hope in her heart. 

The wounds inflected by him on her body might have healed but the ones he infected on her soul is still bleeding

The wounds inflected by him on her body might have healed but the ones he infected on her soul is still bleeding. The fear and pain infected by him broke the walls of confidence she had built in her. Now she has became a girl who was afraid of her own shadow. The one he molded with his own hands.

The way Nandha would flinch or shiver every time he moved his hands, did not escape from his keen eyes were observing her from the moment he woke up. The way she was shivering in his presence made it hard for him to even look at her without wanting to break down. Her this  subconscious actions were like salt, they kept rubbing themselves against his wounds, hurting him.

'You did this. You made her like this.' His heart screamed in agony. He knew his heart was right. His heart has always been right.

He gritted his teeth, trying to bite down the immense pain he was feeling right now. He felt immense hatred on himself for breaking her like this. He felt his ribs heaving as if they were bound by ropes, straining him. He should have listened to his heart that day and should not have let his anger over power his mind.