25~ || Storm ||

Three Days Later

Three Days Later

Duryodhana stood at the corner of her hall observing his wife, who was sitting beside Draupadi, decorated like newly wedded bride. His Nandha looked alluring in the red lehenga like a bride. He wanted nothing more than to hide her from all the evils and nasty eyes of the men and women standing in this hall.

His Nandha looked like a celestial nymph. Her eyes were shining in happiness as she spoke with Draupadi. Her dark brown hair was hidden beneath the red dupatta that was draped around her head. Her luscious pink lips were spread in a beautiful smile. Various jewelries adorned her yet they could not defeat the glow on her face.

A smile grazed his lips as he looked at Nandha's smiling face. Her innocent smile itself was contagious to spread happiness around the people surrounding her. He prayed for only one thing from Agnidev when they did the homam. He prayed for her happiness and nothing else. For him only she mattered.

The smile on his face was wiped away and replaced with hatred in his eyes seeing Nakul eyeing his Nandha, with love filled eyes. He felt uncontrollable fury bubbling inside him. 

'That bastard! How dare he look at what is mine? I will kill him this instant. Bloody dog.' Duryodhana thought to himself glaring at Nakul.

'Don't do anything stupid Duryodhana. Today is a big day for Nandha, don't let your anger on Nakul spoil it for her.' His heart whispered making him clench his fist.

He angrily looked away only to meet with Nandha's brown ones and immediately his posture relaxed and a smile appeared on his lips. He winked at her making her cheeks heat up. She looked away blushing, making him chuckle at her innocence.

'So pure, so innocent and only mine.' Duryodhana thought looking at Nandha.

His thoughts were broken by his mamashree, who handed him a glass of wine. He gave a slight nod to Shakuni before sipping the wine. He felt the prominent bitterness in the drink which never fails to make his chest burn. 

Shakuni observed Duryodhana, who was looking towards Nandha, once in a while. Shakuni smirked gazing between both. He had planted the essence of doubt in Duryodhana's mind a few days back and today he will see the result of what he had sowed.

"Putra what are you doing here? Come with me putra, there people are inquiring about you." Shakuni said, dragging Duryodhana from there.

With one last look at his wife, who was moving out of the hall with Draupadi to the hall where the gathering of women is held, Duryodhana followed Shakuni, who was leading him to the place where Rules from various Kingdoms stood, enjoying themselves in drinks and other things.

He could see his cousins interacting with various rulers making his frown. He knew how the younger pandav brothers wanted their elder brother, Yudhishtir, to be come the king of Hastinapur instead of him. Shaking his head he looked away from the brothers.