28~ || Her Pain ||

"Behind her smile is a hurting heart, 

behind her laugh she's falling apart.

Behind her eyes are tears at night,

behind her body is a soul trying to light."

Author's Pov

Warm yellow rays wafting through the window slit, dust modes floating, suspended, in the air. Beautiful yet normal. Too bright to look at, yet too bright to look away. The daylight comes as such intricately woven threads of gold so light that its creator can only be divine.

The warm sunlight caressed her cheeks making her a small smile appear on her lips. She looked so peaceful, though her heart and mind where in chaos. 

Daasis looked at the young royal woman in pity. They could clearly see the red hand marks and dried tears on her face. They knew who was responsible for her condition yet the could do nothing to save her. Some of theirs eyes filled up in tears seeing the young woman's condition while some didn't care as they had seen worse.

Soon all the maids dispersed around the chamber doing whatever job they were supposed to do. A maid pushed the curtain covering the window to the side, allowing the fresh breeze and sunlight to fill in the chamber.

Nandha stirred in her sleep feeling the bright rays of the sun. She opened her eyes with great difficulty. Her head was aching and her eyes hurt too. Her whole body ached in pain.

She blinked a few times, trying to clear the darkeness in her vision. A small smile spread on her lips as she sat on her bed soaking in the warmth of the sun.

But her smile did not last long as yesterday's memories came crashing before her, her meeting with Nakul, her aarya misunderstanding them, him dragging her, him killing her soul and his hurtful words. Unknowingly a tear dropped from her eyes. She wiped it before any of the daasis could notice it. 

With shaking legs she stood up from the bed. Her whole body ached in pain especially her lower abdomen. It felt like someone was stabbing her there with a knife. Wrapping the bed sheet around her body, Nandha walked towards the bathing chamber, to clean herself.

Making sure all the maids were out she let go of the bed sheet covering her. With shaking hands, she started removing her clothes. Her clothes had traces of blood on them, especially her skirt. She walked towards the pond and looked at her reflection in the clean water. A gasp escaped her lips as her eyes took in the battered form of her body.

Her eyes were swollen and red, and there were dark circles under them. Her husbands finger print married across her face in bright red colour. She flinched touching it. The mark sting even with the slightest touch of her finger. Her eyes stung with tears as she eyed her body with a heavy heart.