8~|| Blooming Love ||

Alaknandha banged into something hard loosing her balance

Alaknandha banged into something hard loosing her balance. She closed her eyes tight waiting for the impact. She waited for the pain to consume her body but when she did not feel anything she slowly opened her eyes and looked at her savior's face. Her eyes met with a pair of light brown ones that she had been longing to see since the morning.

Duryodhana was fast enough to wrap his hands around her preventing her from falling. He looked at her face and saw her eyes closed with her lips forming a pout on her lips. Her lips looked so soft. He wanted nothing more than to crash his lips into her's. He saw her slowly opening her chocolate brown eyes. He felt like drowning in the warmness of her eyes.

"Can't you see where you are going?" It was Dussashan's shouts that brought them out of the trance. Clearing his throat Duryodhana made Alaknandha stand properly.

"Are you alright devi?" Duryodhana asked with concern in his voice. Alaknandha nodded her head.

"I am sorry yuvaraj I didn't see you coming. I am extemely sorry." Alaknandha said looking down.

"It's ok rajkumari." Duryodhana said looking at Alaknandha.

"Sorry bhrata its my fault I was chasing her and she did not see you comming and dashed into you." Dushala defended Alaknandha. Dushala knew her brother's short tempered nature and she didn't want Alaknandha to be his anger's victim.

"It's completely fine dushala. It's nothing serious." Duryodhana said not taking his eyes off Alaknandha.

The four of them stood there in an awkward silence. Alaknandha shifted from one leg to other as she felt Duryodhana's heated gaze on her. She decided to end the silence not liking the silence. She decided to move out of the room to give the sibilings some privacy.

"I will take my leave then." Nandha said and walked out of the room leaving behind the siblings.

****

It was evening and everyone waas busy with wedding preperation. Alaknandha was roaming around the palace busy in the thoughts of someone with light brown eyes. She blushed as she remembered about what happened in dushala's room. She shook she head and scolded herself for thinking like that. He is the yuvraj of Hastinapur and he will never like someone who is simple looking as her. It is not good to think like that about someone else's husband.

Alaknandha was passing by the armoury when her eyes fell on the one who was practicing on the arena. She stopped in her tracks and stood there rooted to her place.

 She stopped in her tracks and stood there rooted to her place