23~|| Passion of Fire ||

Mature Content ahead

Author's Pov

Alaknandha walked inside her Chamber only to find her husband sitting on the davenpot looking outside with a frown on his face. He looked like he was in a deep thought, so not wanting to disturb him she decided to go and change her clothes wanting to wear something comfortable for the night after a long day.

It had been a long and tyring day but despite it she was happy and contended. She met her best friend who was like a brother to her. She felt nostalgic on seeing his after so many days. They both have caught up with various events in each other's life which they have missed in these years. Nakul was like a star in her life, even though she couldn't see him always, she knew he was always there. 

Nandha changed into a simple blue lehenga. She removed all her jewellaries except for her chudamani, which was placed on her head. She felt so light after changing. All the ornaments and heavy dresses are making it hard for her to even breath but what can she do, she is the yuvrani of Hastinapur and she needs to look proper and prim. Sometimes she wished she was a mere commoner so that he won't have to wear all these things and live a simple life. 

Moving out of the chamber she noticed her husband still sitting in the same position as before. He looked so lost that he even failed to notice her presence beside him. A frown laced her lips as she felt concern clouding her thoughts. With slow steady steps she walked towards him and called him, shaking his shoulders slightly.

"Arya?"

"Hm"

Duryodhana looked at her startled. He blinked once, twice, thrice before looking at her, surprised. He gave her a small smile yet his eyes were having a far away look.

"Arya are you ok?" Nandha asked him, with concern in her eyes. 

She sat beside him looking worried. He looked into her concern filled with unknown emotions twirling in his orbs. Seeing her concerned eyes was all he needed to calm his anger that was pulsing through his vein.

"I'm fine Nandha."

"You are lying arya. You look so restless and lost in your thoughts that you failed to notice even my presence. Now tell me the truth arya. Are you ok? Please tell me arya. You are making me worried."

"It's nothing Nandha." He said turning away.

"Aryaa please, please share your problem with me instead of suffering alone. Your this silence is making me worried."

"Do you love me Nandha?" He asked completely avoiding her previous question. 

"Arya what-"

"We will talk about my problems later. Now just answer to my question. Do you love me Nandha?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

For a few minutes Nandha kept looking at Duryodhana without answering. He felt worry bubbling his thoughts as he waited for to speak. She sighed softly before cupping his face in her hands, making him look in her.