Carry me

The next day at the NJC

Mike's pov

After dinner I sat Lisa and Julie down in the conference room to write their lines.

"Listen, girls. Every night for the next two weeks I expect you to come here straight after dinner and write your lines." I handed the girls some sheets of paper and a pencil.

Julie rolled her eyes and huffed, sitting with her arms crossed as she glared at me.

"I highly recommend you lose the attitude, darlin', as you still have a belting scheduled for tonight and I will add penalty strokes if I sense a lack of remorse. Understand?" I'm in no mood for my child's impudence.

"Whatever, this is bogus," Julie muttered, slumping further down in her seat.

I took a deep breath and counted to five like Marlena suggested but it did nothing to quell my temper. I was still furious with my second oldest daughter and her crap attitude.

"Stand up, Julie," I commanded, as I rubbed my temples.

"No. Why?" Julie inexplicably remained defiant.

I took a moment to compose myself.

"Julie, you can stand up on your own accord like I asked, or I can stand you up myself. In the first scenario, I'll give you two harsh slaps to your bottom as a reminder to straighten up. In the second scenario, I'll pull you over my knee and spank you for two solid minutes. The choice is yours." I sincerely hope she chooses wisely.

Thankfully, Julie stood up on her own.

After smacking her ass harshly twice, I sat her back down and said, "The two of you will write, I will not show my niece inappropriate music videos, one hundred times each night. Get started, ladies, I'll be back to check on you later."

One hour later

Mike's pov

I went back to the conference room and the girls were just finishing up their writing assignments.

"Now I want the two of you to come with me to Shane's room so the four of us can finish our discussion regarding Maegan and the video in question."

"Yes sir," Lisa replied respectfully, heading out of the room.

Julie, however, sighed loudly and said, "OMG, this is so dumb."

Before Julie reached the door, I grabbed her arm and pulled her back into the room.

"Go on ahead, Lisa, we'll meet you in Shane's room in a little bit." Once Lisa was gone, I closed the door and addressed Julie. "Come here," I ordered, as I leaned against the table.

Julie sauntered over, rolling her eyes. "Ok, I'm here. Now what?"

I slapped her bottom harshly.

"Watch it," I warned, pointing my finger in her face.

"Fine," she replied sadly, avoiding eye contact.

I don't know what's going on with her but I intend to find out.

"Look at me, Julie," I said, softly sighing while grabbing her wrist to prevent her from backing away. Reluctantly she met my gaze. "Tell me what's wrong, sweetheart. Why are you being so combative and disrespectful?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"I'm not," Julie replied incredibly unconvincingly, turning her head to look away.

"Darlin', I know when something's weighin' heavy on your mind. Please talk to me." I guided her chin with my hand so she had to look at me and when she did, I saw the tears in her eyes. Immediately I stood, wrapping my arms around her, holding her head against my chest. "Don't cry, baby, it'll be alright. Just tell me what's bothering you." I held her tight, gently swaying her back and forth.