I bet

Mike's room

Lisa's pov

"YOU WERE ARRESTED, FOR CHRISSAKE, LISA! You're getting twenty more as promised and you will count them without complaint. Am I clear?" Mike was obviously still livid but his calm demeanor was fading fast. He slapped the belt down hard across the center of my bottom, further reddening the stripe already branded upon my backside.

"Yes sir," I said in a forced whisper, my throat raw from crying so hard.

"The pain you're experiencing now, Lisa, cannot possibly rival the pain I felt receiving that phone call at 6am, informing me that my daughter had been arrested. Seeing you behind bars, confined in that jail cell, hurt me in ways you cannot possibly imagine. The beautiful amazing wonderful girl I raised from the age of six, locked up like a common criminal..."

Hearing his voice catch, I knew Mike was crying, or fighting back tears at the very least and that made me want to crawl in a hole and die. I was a shit daughter. Mike and Shane sacrificed so much of their own lives to be our guardians and this is how I repay them.

"That is a pain no parent should ever have to experience and I pray when you have kids of your own, Lisa, you never will."

"I'm sorry, Mike," I whispered softly, my face still buried in his pillow. I don't even know if he heard me.

He slapped the belt down hard across the back of my knees again, causing me to gasp, the severity of the stroke taking my breath away.

"Count," he said flatly, successfully masking his emotions, allowing him to administer the remainder of my punishment.

"One," I said sighing. At least now I know the end's in sight.

Mike spanked my thigh crisply with the palm of his hand. The slapping sound echoed off the walls.

"You should know to follow the count with sir," he growled, as he pinched my bottom so hard, I squealed. "Don't let it happen again, or I'll start from the beginning," he warned.

The belt came down again.

"Two sir," I said through tears, wiping them from my eyes, only for them to reappear quickly.

Mike strapped the crease of my bottom.

"Three sir," I hissed in pain. I wanted so badly to reach back and rub my throbbing backside but I didn't dare, for fear of reprisal.

Mike continued to expertly wield his makeshift strap with deadly force and accuracy, like Indiana Jones with his whip. I was sure I would break by stroke ten but somehow I found the resolve to persevere. I felt I owed it to him.

After several unbearable strokes across the back of my legs, I finally heard myself saying, "Twenty sir."

Mike laid the belt on his bed.

"Stand up, Lisa."

I slowly lifted my head and pushed up with my arms to support the weight of my upper body. I was dreading standing upright and for good reason. The skin on the back of my thighs and backside felt like I had a thousand paper cuts that were doused in lemon juice and then coated with salt. I inhaled sharply and bit the inside of my cheek to keep from cursing outloud, while I played an extraordinary symphony of profanities in my head.

"Remember what Shane and I told you about life not affording you as many second chances the older you get?" Mike asked, once I was facing him and he had my attention.

I nodded.

"Yes sir."

"You should thank your lucky stars that the Admiral got you one this morning." Mike gave me a firm swat on the butt and said, "Next time, you might not be as fortunate, so don't let it happen again." He pointed his finger at me. "Understand?"