How do you know?

The girls' room

Stacey's pov

"You think it's too late to turn around and drive Shane's car as far from here as possible, like 'til it runs outta gas?" Lisa asked.

"It wouldn't change the result when we got back but it would be one helluva roadtrip." My cousin appears to actually be contemplating Lisa's getaway plan.

I better nip this in the bud.

"Don't even think about it, you two," I warned, putting the kibosh on their hair-brained scheme.

"How long do you think they've been waiting for us in the conference room?" Carrie asked worriedly.

"Does it even matter?" Lisa retorted. "Whether it's been five hours or only five minutes, they're still gonna be pissed."

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. It's been a long day filled with fun in the sun, fresh air, and alcohol.

"Let's just get this overwith before I fall asleep standing up." I picked up the cane, nervously running my fingers along it's smooth surface as it flexed slightly in my hand. Swallowing hard, I braced myself for the damage our behinds were in for as I walked slowly to the conference room, motioning for my cousin and sisters to follow.

The conference room

Mike's pov

Seeing our girls funnel in the room, I became angry all over again at their blatant disobedience. Obviously Shane was just as upset as I was, if not more so.

"Say goodbye to your phones, ladies," I said, gesturing for them to place them in my open palm. "You'll be separated from them for at least a week and if you ever purposely turn them off to avoid contact with me again, I will cancel your cell service. Permanently."

After the girls surrendered their phones, Shane turned to address them.

"Hand me the cane, Stacey, and ask me to stripe your bottom with it." His tone sent chills down my spine and I wasn't even the one on the receiving end. The girls' flagrant disrespect by defying his order to attend school today, certainly struck a chord with the Admiral.

"Come on. Do we really have to do this?" Stacey whined, so not in the mood to cater to his ego right now.

"Stacey Marie, you are unwise to be testing my limits right now so I strongly suggest you comply because if I have to repeat myself, you'll be receiving my belt tonight in addition to the cane."

Shane was all business right now and there was no room for negotiation. Our eldest daughter should certainly recognize it would be in her best interests to follow the Admiral's orders willingly, without complaint.

"Please stripe my bottom with this cane, sir." Stacey acquiesced, holding the cane out for Shane. Just saying those words made her cringe.

"Hands flat on the table, feet behind the line," Shane ordered, taking the cane from Stacey's hands, laying it down on the table.

Once Stacey was bent over in position, Shane leaned over her back and reached around to unbutton her shorts.

Slowly tugging them past her hips, stopping at the knees, he whispered harshly in her ear, "Have you been drinking, young lady?"

Stacey's pov

I closed my eyes and swallowed hard, trying to dislodge the large lump that formed in my throat as I contemplated whether honesty was the best policy in this instance.

Shane smacked my bottom, the sting from his palm easily penetrating through the thin fabric of my orange, poly-cotton-blend boy shorts.

"Answer me." Shane continued slapping my behind while awaiting my response.