Stacey's motivation

The NJC

Stacey's pov

Mike just chuckled and said, "I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight, Stacey," as he entered his room, leaving me to deal with the Admiral all by my lonesome.

When we entered Shane's room, he told me to sit on his bed. I watched him remove his suit coat and hang it on his desk chair. He then slowly and deliberately rolled up his shirt sleeves before confronting me, hands on his hips and lips pressed firmly together in a tight scowl.

"I don't think you have any idea of the magnitude of this situation, Stacey." Shane rubbed his forehead in frustration. "It's not even just the money, although that is a very big problem, it's the fact that you're not making your studies your top priority. You're there to get an education, first and foremost, and you've obviously lost sight of that." Shane shook his head and sighed. "Well, what do you have to say for yourself, young lady?"

I looked intently at my hands as I chipped away at the last remnants of my purple nail polish. I was hoping divine words of wisdom would somehow literally appear at my fingertips...

"Answer me, Stacey Marie!" Shane commanded angrily, interrupting my thoughts.

...but alas, they never materialized and I was left speechless without any excuses to rationalize my behavior. I hesitantly raised my gaze to meet Shane's and instantly regretted it upon seeing the fury etched on his face.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Shane. I mean, I didn't even have to come home, I just did it as..." I intentionally let my voice trail off as I'm not sure how or if I want to finish my sentence.

"Are you kidding me with this, Stacey? Were you going to say you only did this as a favor to me? ARE YOU BLOODY OUT OF YOUR MIND? HOW DARE YOU DOWNPLAY YOUR BEHAVIOUR AND ACT AS IF YOU'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG!" Shane was nearing his limit as his temper escalated.

My eyes widened as I watched him unbuckle his belt. He had a steadfast, steely determination guiding his movements that I'd never previously seen. I swallowed audibly, knowing I was in real trouble here and about to get my butt beat with that stiff strip of black leather he now clutched so tightly in his hand.

"I promised you some motivation to get you back on track, Stacey, and by God you're going to get it, courtesy of my belt. I want you bared and bent over that bed, now!"

Shane snapped his belt, the sharp noise causing me to jump.

"Shane, please, I'm too old for this. I'm in college, for God's sake. You can't keep treating me like a little kid," I whined, desperately trying to circumvent my impending spanking.

"You will NEVER be too old to be spanked or taken over my knee, young lady, and DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT!" Shane was clearly livid and had no intention of backing down on this punishment. "And you won't be in college long if you continue down this slippery slope of cutting classes, oversleeping and skipping tests. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

I can't remember the last time I've seen Shane this furious. My heart was ready to beat right out of my chest. I was so scared of him, I was speechless.

Shane stalked over to where I sat and roughly grabbed my arm, yanking me to my feet as he said in a low terrifying growl, "I strongly suggest you answer my question and get your bottom bared and upturned over my bed in the next five seconds, Stacey Marie, unless you want to find out what ten on the pain scale feels like."

I couldn't avert my gaze from Shane's cold black eyes and flared nostrils.

Finally, I managed a shallow breath which allowed me to utter the words Shane had been waiting to hear, "Yes sir." Seeing Shane grip his belt even tighter, I quickly turned around and stripped my jeans and white lacy underwear down to my knees.