Cell

Mike's pov

As soon as we arrived at the police station, Shane asked the desk attendant to page one of his former colleagues. When she led us to Detective John Black's office, he began to fill us in on what landed our daughter behind bars.

Apparently the police were called at 3am to break up some fights that erupted amongst a large group of teenagers gathered at one of the neighborhood parks. A few kids were hurt badly enough to warrant a trip to the emergency room. There was evidence of drug use, drinking, and destruction of property. The police confiscated several weapons, including two handguns, some switchblades, utility and hunting knives, and brass knuckles. Some of the kids were even wielding broken glass bottles.

Detective Black called one of the arresting officers into his office to provide some more details. Shane showed him a picture of Lisa and he informed us that she and her friends weren't involved in the fight but they did have alcohol in their possession and there was pretty clear evidence they'd been drinking. Detective Black thanked the officer and stepped out into the hall with him to confer in private.

When he returned, Detective Black informed us he'd be able to reduce Lisa's charges to the misdemeanor of trespassing on public property. Thanks to his friendship with Shane, he was willing to look the other way and let the more serious charge of underage alcohol consumption magically disappear from Lisa's arrest record, ensuring she wouldn't have to serve any jail time and it wouldn't go on her permanent record. We thanked him profusely before he called in another officer to escort us to the holding cell to fetch our disobedient daughter.

Lisa's pov

When I saw Mike and Shane walk in, I considered willingly spending the night in this cell. I've never seen them look so furious. I thought I was gonna piss my pants. Neither one of my guardians said a word, they just glared at me, or more accurately right through me. They stood side by side, arms crossed, eyes narrowed into thin dark slits, nostrils flaring. They were cloaked in robes of sheer disappointment and undeniable anger.

Despite how scared I was, as soon as the officer unlocked that cell door, I ran into their waiting arms. I broke down in tears as Mike held me so tightly, I thought he'd crush my ribcage.

Holding my head against his chest, gently stroking my hair, I heard his breath catch as he quietly said, "I'm so glad you're okay, sweetheart. We were worried sick about you when I got the call you'd been arrested. Don't you ever scare us like that again. Do you understand me?"

Mike held my face in his hands but I was too ashamed to look at him. It was bad enough hearing the sincere conviction in his voice but there was no way I could muster the courage to brave the despondent look in his tearful eyes. Keeping my gaze directed downward, I briefly nodded in agreement.

Wrapping his arms around me once again, Mike held our embrace for a minute before whispering harshly in my ear, "Don't think for one second this means I'm not beyond furious with you..." Mike pinched the back of my neck, making me wince in pain, "because I am and you are in for a world of trouble when we get home, young lady."

I gulped hearing Mike's tone turn ice cold, switching roles from the caring protective father to the ultra strict punitive disciplinarian in the blink of an eye.

Mike gripped my chin firmly, looked me dead in the eyes, making my blood run cold as he sternly asked, "Am I clear?"

"Yes sir," I choked out softly, trying unsuccessfully to stave off the waterworks.

Sighing heavily, Mike released his grip and turned me toward Shane as the Admiral enveloped me in a much welcomed hug. Despite severely disappointing the two most important men in my life with my idiotic behavior, they made sure I felt their love first and foremost before chastising me.