Are you finished?

The girls' room

Shane's pov

I picked my phone up off the desk and called Mike.

"You need to come to the girls' room immediately and get Lisa before I beat her to a bloody pulp, mate."

Mike's pov

I heard something in Shane's voice I'd never heard before and it honestly scared the shit out of me. I don't know what Lisa did but it must have been really bad. Since I was literally just down the hall when Shane called, it only took me about twenty seconds to get to their room.

Without saying a word, Shane slammed the door and left. Lisa was standing with her arms crossed, looking very indignant. I was about to confront her when I noticed Carrie was in the room sitting on her bed.

Looking at Lisa, I commanded, "You go wait for me in my room, RIGHT NOW!"

Lisa started to protest, "Mike, I..." but I quickly cut her off.

"Did I give you permission to speak, little girl? No, so shut your mouth, Lisa Michelle, and go this instant!" I pointed to the door. "I don't know what you did but I've never seen Shane this angry so you better cut your losses and do as you're told."

Lisa gave me a defiant look and stomped out the door.

Turning to my youngest, I said, "Carrie Anne, I'm only going to ask you this once and you sure as heck better answer me truthfully. What went on here between Lisa and Shane?"

Carrie proceeded to give me the play by play regarding Lisa's punishment for leaving her gym bag in the middle of the floor and her additional correction with Shane's belt for slamming the door in his face.

Then Carrie hesitated, "I don't want to say what happened after that, Mike."

I cocked one eyebrow, crossed my arms, and waited. I know Carrie will cave so I don't need to say anything more. I only had to wait about forty seconds.

Swallowing hard and sighing, she continued, "Then Shane asked if she understood she wasn't too old to get spanked and she was never to disrespect him like that again and then he said he was waiting for an apology." Carrie looked down at her lap as she nervously fiddled with the drawstring on her shorts.

I cleared my throat loudly, indicating she should continue.

Carrie hesitantly complied, softly saying, "That's when Lisa said, fuck you Shane, I'm not sorry."

My jaw about hit the floor hearing how brazenly Lisa disrespected Shane. I cannot believe she would speak to him that way. I shook my head and rubbed the back of my neck trying to prevent my muscles from tightening any further.

"Thank you for telling me the truth, sweetheart. Now, I need to put your sister in her place." I sighed loudly.

"I'm sorry, Mike," Carrie said softly.

Gently stroking her cheek, I smiled at my youngest.

"You didn't do anything wrong, darlin'. Don't be sorry." I turned towards the door and took a deep breath, now ready to confront Lisa.

Walking into my room, I expected her to look a little more repentant now that she had some time to calm down but Lisa foolishly remained obstinate.

"If you came to tell me to apologize to Shane, forget it. He needs to quit treating me like a stupid little kid and start treating me like an adult, Mike. It's freakin' ridiculous that he still thinks it's perfectly okay to spank me. I'm a college student, not a toddler, for chrissake!" Lisa spewed out angrily.