Captain's table

The girls' cabin onboard the cruise ship

Stacey's pov

"We're having dinner with the Captain at seven o'clock tonight as guests at his table, so don't be late, girls." Shane lingered in our doorway, waiting for us to acknowledge his latest bit of news.

"But we were going to have dinner at the buffet tonight and then meet up with some kids afterwards," Lisa whined.

"You can meet up with your friends later, AFTER we dine with the Captain." Shane tried to offer up a compromise.

"No! Dinner with the Captain will take forever, then we won't have any time to spend with our friends," Lisa replied, in an even whinier tone than before.

"This is not up for discussion, ladies. We are dining with the Captain tonight at 7pm sharp. Do I make myself clear?" Shane was no longer calm, he was now quite visibly agitated.

"UGGGHHHH! This is so annoying! Why don't you and Mike just eat with Captain Crunch like you want to and we can eat at the buffet like we want to?" Lisa was close to having a meltdown that could easily turn into a full blown tantrum.

Recognizing this, Shane grabbed Lisa's chin and growled, "His name is not Captain Crunch and when I ask do I make myself clear, the only response I want to hear out of your mouth is yes sir. Now let's try this again." Shane tightened his grip on Lisa's jaw and repeated slowly, "Do I make myself clear?"

Lisa rolled her eyes and sighed.

Letting go of her chin, Shane slapped her ass hard, really hard.

"Answer me!" he commanded.

"OWWW!" Lisa rubbed her bottom. "What did you do that for?"

Shane grabbed Lisa by the arm and smacked her bottom harshly again.

"LISA MICHELLE! If you don't answer me properly in the next five seconds, I will escort you to my cabin where we'll finish this conversation in private."

I haven't seen Shane get worked up since this vacation began. We actually made it five days without pissing him off. I think that's a new record. My sisters and I should be proud, we really are growing up, I thought to myself.

"Yes sir," Lisa finally responded respectfully to the Admiral but then she said something stupid. "But I still don't see why we can't just eat at the buffet."

Seeing the veins in Shane's neck and forehead start to bulge, I quickly ran interference between him and my soon to be even sorrier sister.

Rushing to push Shane out the door, I hurriedly said, "We'll meet you for dinner with the Captain at 7pm," as I shooed him out, quickly closing the door behind him.

Turning to confront my dumbass sister, I asked, "What the Hell is the matter with you, Lisa?"

"Nothing, why?" she responded matter of factly, as if the events of the last five minutes never happened.

"You were very close to getting your ass whipped and ruining our chances of socializing with anyone under the age of forty tonight," I said, in a duh tone of voice.

"Isn't this supposed to be a trip to celebrate OUR graduation? We should be able to do what we want, not just have to blindly follow the Admiral's and doctor's orders. Right?" Lisa continued to preach to the choir.

"Lisa, when has it ever been that way? You know damn well it doesn't matter where we are, we still have to be obedient little soldiers," my cousin replied, mimicking my duh tone.

"Yeah, but..." Lisa tried to argue her point some more until I interrupted her.

"But nothing, sis. Just accept that this is our reality, now and forever it shall be."