Are you even serious?

The girls' room

Lisa's pov

"Tonight?" Carrie asks, shocked. "How are we going to leave tonight, Lisa? We don't even have a car. And where are we even going? We barely have any money and we don't have a place to stay."

"Relax, Carrie, I've got this. Just get packed so we can go. Don't forget to leave your phone here with mine so Shane can't track us. I'll bring my trap phone." I grabbed my burner cell and texted Julie. We need a place 2 stay how do we get 2 ur college

About thirty seconds later, Julie called me. Before answering, I turned to address Carrie since she was just pacing back and forth, muttering under her breath. "Seriously, little sis, just get ready to go."

"Ugghh, fine," Carrie whined, as she reluctantly started packing her overnight duffle.

Now satisfied she was onboard with my plan, I picked up Julie's call.

"Hey, sis," I greeted her cheerfully.

"Don't hey sis me, Lisa. What the Hell's goin' on? And who's we? Is everyone ok? What happened?" Julie questioned in a panic.

"Relax, sis, everyone's fine except Mike and Shane are bein' dicks so Carrie and I need a place to crash and with Stacey and the whole baby drama thing, I don't see that happenin' so..." I waited to see how Julie would react, hoping she'd be receptive to taking on two new roommates, temporarily of course.

Julie sighed into the phone, "Fine, you can come here," she whined begrudgingly, "but I expect the full story when you get here. No CliffsNotes. I want all the deets. Understood?"

"Oh my God, you sound like a mini Mike. What the Hell happened to you since you left? Is he brainwashing you somehow?" I couldn't resist giving Julie some shit for acting all parental.

"Lisa, I'm serious. You're gonna tell me everything when you get here or I'll just call Mike and Shane and have them come pick you up. Got it?"

Julie tried sounding really authoritative but I knew she was just trying to give me grief by going all big sister on me, so I played along.

"Yes, mommy, I understand," I said, in an innocent babyish voice.

"Alright, smartass, just shut the fuck up and listen." Julie then proceeded to tell me what bus station to take an uber to, and what bus to get on, and to text her when we got there.

Julie's college

Julie's pov

My roommate Shannon and I met Lisa and Carrie just before midnight and took 'em back to our dorm.

After depositing all their crap as out of the way as possible in our tiny ass room, I turned to Lisa and said, "Alright, tell me what the fuck's goin' on."

After Lisa gave me the play by play on her arguments with Shane and Mike, I shook my head and chuckled in disbelief.

"ARE YOU EVEN SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?" I shouted, standing up to confront Lisa.

"Julie, you..."

Lisa tried to explain further but I interrupted her, holding my hand up in her face.

"That's what this is all about?" I scoffed, "Because Shane spanked you?" I honestly can't believe these idiots ran away and took a three hour bus ride for that.

"No! You don't understand, Julie. You don't live there with them anymore. You don't have to follow all their stupid rules and take all their crap. Shane still..."

Lisa tried to justify her actions but I interrupted her again, "No, you don't understand, Lisa." I was starting to get animated now as I gestured wildly with my hands while lecturing my little sister. "YOU THINK I DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THEIR RULES JUST BECAUSE I'M LIVING ON CAMPUS? YOU'RE FUCKIN' DELUSIONAL, LISA. DID YOU KNOW MIKE DROVE OVER FIVE HOURS ROUNDTRIP LAST TUESDAY JUST TO COME HERE AND WHIP MY ASS?" I paused, out of breath from my rant and how worked up I was getting.