Pick up your blocks

Two months later

At the NJC

Sean's pov

"Hey, baby girl." I rushed over to Maegan, giving her a kiss as I lifted her up into my

arms.

"Hi, daddy."

"Were you a good girl for, Grampa Mike?" Judging by the silence on her end, I have a pretty good idea of the answer. "Maegan, did he have to spank you?" I asked my wiggly daughter, as she tried to squirm her way out of my arms.

"No pankin!" Maegan yelled, shaking her head as she avoided looking at me.

I shot Mike a quick glance, confirming my suspicions. Maegan normally responds, I good girl daddy if she behaved so I asked her again more sternly this time.

"Did Grampa Mike spank you tonight, Maegan?"

"No pankin!" she repeated emphatically, straining to be put down.

"Maegan Nicole!" Mike said in a warning tone. "What did I tell you about lying?"

Maegan quit fighting to be set down, instead she silently fiddled with the embroidered name patch on my work shirt.

"Grampa Mike asked you a question, sweetheart." I patted her little bum waiting to see if she would answer. After waiting about thirty seconds and receiving no response, I said, "Maegan!" in my I'm not messing around dad voice.

"No!" Maegan said pouting.

"Maegan, I told you lying isn't nice so don't you dare lie to your father." Mike remained firm.

Seizing the opportunity, I asked Maegan again, "Did Grampa Mike have to spank you tonight for being naughty?"

Maegan sadly nodded yes before laying her head on my shoulder.

"Why did Grampa Mike spank you?"

"I no pick up bwocks (blocks)," Maegan mumbled sadly without lifting her head.

"Did Grampa Mike tell you to pick up your blocks?" I asked, despite knowing full well the answer.

"Uh huh," Maegan replied timidly.

"So how come you didn't pick up your blocks like Grampa Mike told you to?" Maegan kept avoiding eye contact with me.

"Wanted ice cweam."

"Oh, you wanted ice cweam?" I smirked knowing what a sweet tooth my baby girl has, just like her mother.

"Did Grampa Mike tell you that you needed to clean up your blocks before you could get ice cream?"

"Yes, daddy," Maegan said pouting, before slipping her thumb in her mouth to act as a pacifier.

"And did you tell Grampa Mike you had picked up your blocks when you really hadn't?"

Maegan nodded yes.

"So you lied to Grampa Mike and that's why he spanked you?"

Maegan nodded as she sucked on her thumb.

As soon as I pulled her thumb out of her mouth, she whined, "No pankin."

"Sorry, baby, that's not how this works." I held Maegan's arm back as she tried to re-insert her thumb between her lips. She whimpered in response. "You know what happens if one of your grampas has to spank you." Maegan pouted, sticking her bottom lip out, shaking her head no as she began to tear-up. "If Grampa has to spank you, then you get another spankin' from me when we get home."

Maegan just laid her head back down on my shoulder as she started sniffling.

"I want you to apologize to Grampa Mike for lying to him and not doing as you were told so we can get goin'. We have to pick up your mommy soon." Stacey had class tonight so Maegan and I were picking her up at 7pm and then the three of us were spending the night at the apartment I share with my roommate.