thirty two

ƚԋιɾƚყ ƚɯσ

she loves him not

please dont hate abby at the end of this :) 

.

.

abby  immediately started for the door.

"Laurens, stop." Hotch's voice pulled her back. She looked at him with frustrated disbelief. "Anderson, transfer the call to this phone." He indicted to the phone in the centre of the table with his head. Anderson nodded once and left quickly to do just that. 

"Why is Lawrence calling you?" Morgan asked. He felt protective over Abby, but much like to the others, Abby seemed so distant and so unlike the agent they knew.

"Because he knows I know." Abby answered simply, except her reply was much more complex than they thought.

"That Hall escaped?" Spencer pressed her, he could see through her. He was scared and it was coming across in his frustration and anger.

"No." Abby refused to give them anymore. 

"Abby," Hotch said quietly, he turned his body so he was facing her and whispering into her ear, "you cannot face this on your own. Use the team. We cannot help you - we cannot save you - if you do not tell us everything."

Abby looked up at him out of the corner of her eyes. She studied his face; she had only heard through Spencer - and of course the FBI files and database - what Foyet did to Hotch and his family. She stared into his eyes with her own angry ones. The Abby that Hotch looked down at was not the same person he spoke to just a few hours ago. It scared him. She had those same wide, black and angry eyes that he had when Foyet came after him.

"Fine." Abby breathed reluctantly. She leant on the table, her palms pressed flat. "When I was on that mission with Lawrence there were times that I questioned his...integrity. Authority. Intentions. Fuck knows the right word. We had no way to speak to anyone else for those two months; it was me and Lawrence on our own but there were things he said, things he asked me to do that I couldn't let go. I wrote them down." She chuckled dryly, "I never showed them to Moore. I never got the chance. Lawrence found it. Back on base. He came into my tent one night..." she took a pause as though she was filtering every word, "and he found it."

"That's it? You think Hall just wants what you wrote down? Why go looking for Lawrence, why wouldn't he come straight to you?" Spencer asked, his brows furrowed.

Abby raised her eyebrows and shrugged. 

"What was in there?" Hotch asked, choosing to ignore Abigail's hostility, especially toward Spencer. 

Before Abby could reply with the false answer she had prepared, the phone rang. They all turned their heads to look at the youngest agent, she just stared at the phone as though it would it disappear before them all. Hotch looked at her particularly cautiously, he didn't recognise her. Beyond the obvious changes to her physical appearance, Hotch felt like he was looking at someone else; he felt like he was looking at a solider.