eleven

ҽʅҽʋҽɳ

trust

.

.

abby strangely felt like she knew more than the rest of her team right now. Though it was not a good feeling, if anything it made her anxious. They were all looking at her for what to do, even Hotch - though he couldn't admit it. She knew the most about their surroundings and the procedures they had to follow so they had all silently agreed to go to Abby before making any major decisions. Especially since the President was aware of all goings on.

As instructed by their boss, Abby and Reid went to one of the offices in the US Army HQ where a pile of eighty personnel files were waiting for Spencer, and for Abby, her old Sergeant Major - Tom Lawrence.

"Abigail, a pleasure to see you again. The role suits you, I must say. Well at least on the outside." Lawrence greeted. Abby shook his out stretched hand and Spencer gave his little wave before sitting down to settle into the files.

"Why aren't you in Iraq, Lawrence?" Abby asked, she was not in the mood.

"Well not hearing you call me Sir is weird, isn't it? I am not over in Iraq, Laurens," He mocked Abby's tone, "because I wanted to accompany my friend home."

"No you accompanied a body, Tom. Who is in command over there now?"

"Abigail please just ask me the question you're dying to. All this foreplay is rather exhausting." Tom chucked, glancing at Spencer who had a scowl on his face. He now understood why the blonde was not fond of him. He was trying to focus on the words but knew he should also listen to their conversation.

"Okay," she looked at Spence almost like she was apologising for what she was about to say, "how the hell did one of the men under your command manage to murder your CO? Because for a base that strip searches every single person who enters, even the damn mailman, your security and in fact your performance as a sergeant major is pretty shocking, Sir.

"There she is. That's why John knew you would be perfect for the position in the BAU. So fiesty. You don't take it from anyone, well unless..." He looked over at Spencer and then back to Abby, raising his eyebrows.

"Who is in command over there now?" she repeated slowly. Spencer blushed burying his head deeper into the papers before him.

"One of the Sergeants. They'll survive without me for a few days. There are rather more pressing matters to attend to, don't you think? What do you need from me?"

"Are there any men you can think of that disregarded either yours or Moore's authority, perhaps repeatedly or even just once? Or any men that were desperate to prove themselves as some sort of war heroes, often making operations their own?" Abby asked.