forty one

I know Abby always seems mad at Spencer but remember she is just VERY scared and it will all become clear why she's trying to getting him to hate her soon, about 9 chapters left <3333

.

ϝσɾƚყ σɳҽ

he loves me not

.

.

Abby tapped her foot repeatedly on the bar of the stool at her kitchen island. Spencer placed his hand gently on her knee to try and steady it; with little success. Hotch had sent them all home, there was nothing any of them could do. Agents had been deployed to watch all their homes but Abby knew Hall could wipe them out in an instance. 

But Abby also knew her team too well. Hotch and Rossi would of course still be in the office, as would Morgan and Garcia - the former insisting on watching Lawrence, and the latter would be housed in her office, working desperately to find Hall before he could find them, despite the plan. JJ would be the only one at home with her family, understandably so, but would be back in the office the minute Henry was asleep; which, given the time, wouldn't be long at all. And Spencer had insisted on coming home with Abby. But both knew it wouldn't it take long before they too were back at the BAU.

"Do you want something to eat, Abby?" 

"No." She replied sharply. "Sorry. Yes, thank you. Uh - there's some bread over there." She pointed weakly. 

"With..."

"What?"

"Well, what do you want on the bread? Do you want it toasted or just...bread? Do you want butter, jelly or I could make -" Spencer started feebly.

He jumped at the sound of the bar stool being knocked over.

"Oh hell what does it matter, Spencer! It doesn't matter if I have bread or if that same slice of bread is slightly crisp. It's a slice of bread Spence, I don't care!" Abby shouted, laughing slightly in disbelief that she was really, actually arguing with her boyfriend about toast when there was a diagnosable psychopath quite literally trying to kill her.

Spencer put the bread down on the counter and strode over to Abby, his arms outstretched ready to hug.

But instead was greeted with hostility. "Don't. Just don't."

"Don't what? Comfort my girlfriend?" Spencer asked shortly.

"No no comfort is fine but, fuck Spencer, this is suffocating." He opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted. "And do not say you're just trying to protect me because I believe we have clarified this before, I am more than capable of protecting myself."

"Not this argument again." Spencer muttered subconsciously.

"What?" Abby pushed, she was well aware she was asking for a fight but - and how she wished she could actually articulate this to Spencer - she was doing it for his own good. Hall was going to find her and he was going to destroy her in the most painful way he knew and Abby was damned if that was going to mean Spencer would suffer, or even worse case...