spencer

ƚԋιɾƚҽҽɳ

spencer

.

.

abby stared in the mirror in the small bathroom joined to the bedroom provided to each team member at the HQ. It consisted of a comfortable sized bed and a small wardrobe with a small ensuite bathroom with a shower, toilet and sink. She found her hands holding her neck, sometimes she swore that she could still see the bruises. She rolled the sleeve of her jumper up and ran her hand along the scar that stretched all the way up her left forearm.

She never wore short sleeves to work, she always wore a blazer or jacket of some description or a long sleeved blouse. The scar looked like one of self harm or a failed suicide attempt. When she was still on active duty she knew she didn't have to cover it, everyone knew what happened to herself and Lawrence yet she always chose to. Hall had marked her forever.

The words she'd spoken to her team echoed in her mind. She felt guilty but she also did not. Garcia had no right to say what she did, she didn't understand, granted, but Lawrence was not a murderer. She sighed, realising it was best to clear the air between them all before they spoke to Williams - she figured Spencer would've told the rest of the team about him after she stormed out and Hotch would've insisted they spoke to him. He'd be wrong not to.

As she approached the room where the rest of the BAU were, she waited just outside the door, out of their sight, however, after hearing Hotch shout.

"...As for the letter from Moore, by reading that you have just potentially endangered not just each other but this whole investigation, including making Abby a target. The unsub knows Abby was a part of that mission and is now a part of this team."

They read the letter? That means - no. That means they know about the mission. They know what she did.

"Sir, what happened to Abby on that mission?" She heard Garcia ask quietly.

'Okay, maybe they didn't know details.' Abby thought. Still, she was now even angrier than before, actually, no screw that, she was hurt. She felt like someone had tugged at her heart. But there was something else nagging at her above the rage and betrayal.

"What did it say?" Abby asked as she walked through the doors. All eyes turned to her, most instantly turned away in shame. Hotch looked at each of his team members and then back to Abby. Spencer, as usual, just stared at her.

"Abby -" JJ started.

"Tell me. I never got to read it and Hotch never showed me." The blonde insisted.

The agents all realised it was pointless trying to argue with her and, given the circumstances, they felt she did have the right to know. There seemed to be a silent conversation between them all about who would tell her.